Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 510 hose mixup

tedsan ยท 2025-04-15 16:28

We rebuilt the backoe control valve on my JD510. To do that,, I had to take it off and send it to the shop. When I got it back, I'm finding out that I forgot how the six hoses that connect the control valve to the backhoe go, so I am stuck. The JD book cleverly shows the hoses, but it doesn't have arrows to show where they are connected. so I need some help from someone who has one of these and can send pictures, or can draws the vertical block on the hoe with arrows goiing to two rows of 3 connections on the control valve.

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-04-15 16:36

    Figure out what spool does what functuin and trace it back worst youll do them is have to flip the 2 hose if it works backwards

  2. #2tedsan2025-04-17 12:00

    I wish it were that easy. The back side of the vertical block on the backhoe has too many hoses. The best way to solve this problem is too draw on a sheet of paper 6 holes, 3 up and 3 down. Then go out to your tractor, and counting from the top of the vertical block on the hoe show where each hose goes. It will take about 10 minutes if someone has one of these old ladies

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-04-17 18:03

    Take the hoses off the valve One at a time take off at cylinders and blow air though. Put on correct spool Test each function once 2 hoses are on it. 6 hoses isnt alot of hoses!