Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do they sell these plugs on back of ignition sw , case 580se

Birdseye · 2022-09-29 18:02

Hi does anyone know if these plastic plugs or wire holders that connect the wires to the back of the ignition switch on a case 580, are available anywhere ? The length of the harness is so short it’s necessary to use the plug to get the correct wires hooked up. Mine is sort of melted and deformed. If I can’t find a new plug, Ill remove the ignition switch from the console panel , hook up the wires to the switch then connect the ignition switch to the console. It’s just a little harder to do.

Replies14
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-29 18:29

    Just Google "case ignition switch connector " You're gonna have to replace the terminals as well as some of each wire, or you'll be back in the same boat in no time. Those search terms will reveal other suppliers too.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-09-29 19:56

    The new plug will have pigtails on it that will add more length to the harness and make it easier to install. You should consider installing a new ignition switch. It has to have been damaged from the looks of that overheated plug.

  3. #3Birdseye2022-09-29 20:18

    Thanks very much !

  4. #4Birdseye2022-10-09 18:38

    Go a new plug , works sooo much better then the old one. Thanks for helping me find it.

  5. #5herb bryant2025-08-03 19:17

    Bridseye,tinkerer;yall wouldn't know the wire placement on the back of the switch would ya or a better Pic of it ? Herb

  6. #6herb bryant2025-08-05 10:05

    Hello

  7. #7heymccall2025-08-05 11:24

    Post #2 here has schematic HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8heymccall2025-08-05 11:25
  9. #9Tinkerer2025-08-05 11:54

    From the 580SE service manual. Page #378. The wire color chart is in it also.

  10. #10herb bryant2025-08-05 17:27

    What's not on the diagram is 2 wires that I have. 1. I have 2 green wires. 1 being bigger than other 2. I have the yellow wire with w stripe These are not listed going to the switch I also have same manual. Any help would be appreciated Herb

  11. #11herb bryant2025-08-05 23:03

    The back of switch is correct but I'm using a 580se

  12. #12Tinkerer2025-08-05 23:24

    Could you explain what you mean by—— “I’m using a 580SE” ?

  13. #13heymccall2025-08-05 23:53

    580SE is a model of backhoe, just as 1845C is a model of skid steer. Many Case machines use that ignition switch, and, many times, the wire colors to the switch are the same, among different models.

  14. #14herb bryant2025-08-06 07:45

    Didn't know this. For i will review yours further. Thank you so much. Herb