i was just wondering, i run a new well it was new d11 and it looked nice all bright yellow and plastic on the seat. now awhile later it looks brown dirty.i try to get management yo hire some one to steam clean, but no luck. does any one work at a place where they do mobile steamcleaning or pressure wash your machine.
We have an outside outfit called Fleetwash come to our Heavy / Highway jobs and our yard.They cover everthing from a to z.They do a good job keeping things clean and our shop foremans love that from a maintanence point of view.The owners love it because it goes hand in hand with our reputation.At first our oilers were not to crazy about the idea,but as usuall common sense prevailed.Nothing like clean upkept CAT yellow paint. IUOE Local 825 :usa
We have a mobile wash outfit come in every weekend and wash everything in our fleet.
I just gave my Kitty 247 MTL a soapy bath on Christmas day.
We wash our stuff when its at the shop and if it needs it. We also wax them about twice a yr.
If your working in a mine or some type of that work,it wouldn't be as important to the management for looks,but good idea as far as mantaining them would be. Companys that is more mobile and out front of the public, looks are more of a concern or is for me.Plus i would wether have to work on a clean machine! I bought a powerwasher this summer for this reason and wonder why and wish i had gotten it years ago.:usa
ya the maintanence part, i just had a hard time keeping it cool last summer,and the way the big fan sux all the air from the sides of the engine compartment i figured air would flow more smoothly if it was clean. it sux so much air that the trany cooler that sits between the engine and the radiator gets plugged with moths and other insects plus candy wrappers earplug wrappers and anything else that some one throws out a window,it just gets suked in there.
We have an old Jenny steam cleaner and we clean our machines in the fall. Gives a better impression to customers but also because we do a lot of clearing it keeps us cleaner. Excess grease tends to wipe off on brush and when you pass by a stray limb w/ grease on it guess where it ends up when it hits you. Sometimes when a machine goes to the shop for repairs we clean it good to be able to see what's going on in the troubled area. It's also a good preventitive way to watch for new leaks or cracks.
I've been operating equipment for 29 years. The wife and I started another side business several years ago. Since I'd already been doing window tinting for several heavy contractors, I already had several asking me about mobile pressure washing. Spent about $20000. for my mobile set-up, and it more than paid for itself in the first year. About 70% of the work we do is heavy equipment and truck fleets. Anyone in the Phoenix area that wants that machine looking new again, contact me: www.GrimeBustersPressureWashing.com
That's cool as heck. I was thinking of doing the same thing here in my home town, I would like to start this business for my boys for a number of reasons. Teach them responsability, earn money, get familiar with equipment, and either they love it and take it and run or they hate it and go to collage!!!
baths we wash our equipment maybee once or twice a year generally in the winter when things slow down a little i think som tractors got baths last week
Must be Rough... Ours get washed when it rains....
thats when ours get washed too,but lately mothernature has been slacking.the roof and a couple other spots has the pretty new cat yellow showing through the rest brown,except the chrome dozer
WAX.????.:notworthy. Can you wax rust?..
Bosses trucks get cleaned and equipment only if it needs to for service
A good rain is our wash! But since I got my new D6T, I keep the interior very clean. I also keep the outside of the windows clean in order to grade, and see those pesky little stakes!:usa
AHHH - the dreaded grease limb! :Banghead I hate when that happens - it is always when you stop by the job on the way to an important client meeting with your "meeting clothes" on, only to have grease slathered down the back of your shirt. Of course you don't notice you have grease on the back of your shirt (and nobody tells you either :spaz) until you get home at the end of the day and see the grease on the back of your truck seat. ointhead Oh well, I guess the clients notice you are a "hands on" contractor. BTW - the wife really hates the "grease limb" too.
I know a crane company that has its riggers waxing their cranes whenever the crane is on standby even at jobsite. They all look brand new
Since work has been slow for me I washed my machine up really nice. I like to keep it pressure washed good. I don't go crazy and try to get every nook and cranny I just blast it good and get all the extra grease off and mud build up on the track undercarriage. After I clean it all up I like to do a fresh grease job to push out any water in the pins and hang a nice air freshener in the cab.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums manohman32c! :drinkup