Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

xm or sirius?

637slayer ยท 2007-12-26 22:07

where i work its pretty much split 50/50 but i think sirius is way better>

Replies41
  1. #102Dmax2007-12-26 22:40

    sirius, might all be the same 'fore to long though

  2. #2lccmo2007-12-26 22:41

    I dropped XM and got sirus due to the programming. I really like sirus's programming alot better.

  3. #3bagged932007-12-26 22:48

    sirius is the best, howard in the morning bubba in the afternoon.

  4. #4d6peg2007-12-26 23:02

    I'm in for XM. Bill Mack cant be beat.

  5. #5637slayer2007-12-26 23:15

    i dont know what im talking about, i forgot i get bumped off the d11 tommorow back to my 37 union ******** the guy that runs the 37 on another shift leaves his xm in there, so i guess its squizz in the morning, ya i hope if they merge that it only makes it better

  6. #6Countryboy2007-12-27 00:16

    :drinkup Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums bagged93!

  7. #7DirtHauler2007-12-27 00:54

    Those two sure make my day go by faster. Not to mention making everyone else wonder what I am laughing at. FTE

  8. #8Dig-UP2007-12-27 09:54

    Sirius for life! nobody compares to howard.

  9. #9beandrew2008-01-07 22:22

    sirus rules sirus is the best because it has the playboy channel

  10. #1090plow2008-01-07 22:29

    Sirius is what I have and I like it better than xm but I wish I had xm for opie and anthony. -Eric

  11. #11Davenport Trans2008-01-08 06:47

    Agreed!! Bubba army!!!!!

  12. #12farm_boy2008-01-08 08:25

    I gotta agree as well. full Bubba mark right here! I have had Sirius for 3 years and love it. My folks had XM and I hated it.

  13. #13Cavalo2008-01-08 11:36

    What did they hate about XM?? I have it and yes their customer service is really bad........so is the reception (losing it around mountains and trees) but I like the programming they have.

  14. #14637slayer2008-01-08 17:06

    i am partial to sirius, mostly due to their programming but the more i listen to xm the more i like it. does any one ever listen to the radio classics? or old time radio on xm? some of those old time radio shows pass time. i really like the detective shows philip marlow, shadow.

  15. #15plowking7402008-01-08 19:18

    your forgetting the Twilight Zone, Superman and dont forget Xminus 1, lone ranger, Bonanza and Baby Snooks to name a few. they sure help pass the time, ( between Howard and Bubba) and you dont get stuck listening to the same songs over and over again. my Father talkes about some of them 'stories' and its kinda nice to know what heis talking about

  16. #16637slayer2008-01-10 18:44

    i like all of those, you forgot have gun will travel i cant remember anymore. the cigarette comercials kill me, "switch to camels, we surveyed 50 doctors and after switching to camels they could breathe better, had no sore throat,its due to our quality tabaco" or something like that,my mom heard radio classics on my radio so i bought her 1 and she loves it too.

  17. #17wormkiller2008-01-10 21:06

    Had sirius 3 years, same receiver, 2 p u trucks, 4 hoes,2 crawlers and a dozer.If you cant find a good channel your going deaf. The outlaw country channel may have the best operaters soundtrack.

  18. #18farm_boy2008-01-11 13:10

    It was mainly the music selection. Sirius just seemed to play more and better songs. I have had rental cars with XM and I just don't think they play the "good" songs like Sirius.

  19. #19newbie2008-01-13 20:49

    Sirius Sirius for me...Big 10-4 on Howard...I hope they merge so I can get baseball and football with the same radio,

  20. #20Tn Bulldog2008-01-17 22:07

    Its fixin be a merger though so i hear & you can get either xm or sirus pacages or a mix of both so i hear & i got XM For Bill mack , trucking bozo dave nemo , midnight trucking network & kevin rutherford later yall bulldog

  21. #21IowaCat082008-01-17 22:32

    XM 202 Opie and Anthony in the mornings Ron and Fez in the afternoons XM's music channels can't compete with Sirius tho Octane and The Beat

  22. #22637slayer2008-01-18 00:08

    so if you like octane on sirius,have you ever listened to squizz on xm? they play alot of the same music, ive noticed that they play alot of the same artists, but different songs from the same artists. i still like sirius better.

  23. #23IowaCat082008-01-18 00:16

    Yeah I listen to Squizz alot, definitely a good station but they play some bands that are to heavy for me

  24. #24Pigseye2008-01-18 00:18

    Sirius Octane is great Hairnation for the 80's rockers in here and Lithium for those of use who grew up listening to altrock in the 90's I tried XM first and switched over to Sirius

  25. #25hwimberley2008-01-19 01:00

    I have had xm, after listening to my friends sirius think i will go with sirius on the next one.

  26. #26jimmyjack2008-01-19 18:55

    sirius for me, got two of them for the last three years. i'd rather listen to nothing than regular radio

  27. #279Axle2008-01-25 00:27

    F.T.E bubba army

  28. #28OilFieldHand2008-02-03 00:45

    Sirius for music and XM for talk

  29. #29Cowboy-19482009-02-04 12:32

    I heard they are both going to fail.

  30. #30Steve Frazier2009-02-04 14:14

    Can you elaborate on that Cowboy?

  31. #31insleyboy2009-02-04 20:46

    Opey and Anthany with Jim Norton on the 9 till noon XM spot is Absolute Awesome radio. The sports channels are plentifull and very good as well. XM for me!!!

  32. #32jimmyjack2009-02-05 00:06

    it doesnt matter which one now they're one in the same, music channels are the same on both its just some of the talk radio thats different ....example howard stern and btls on sirius and O and A on xm . but you can pay a couple bucks more and get both

  33. #33basspro2009-02-05 09:50

    Now that they fully merged, I don't like octane like I used to. They brought in some of the XM programming, & insted of liking 90% I like 70 % of what they play. I like music while I am working in the shop, & the comedy channels while driving (blue collar mostly, untill a comercial, then change). I find that while turning wrenches talk, even comedy, puts me in a rotten mood, cause I can't focus on each I guess.

  34. #34Cowboy-19482009-02-06 10:51

    They will still be losing money even after a merg.

  35. #35Orchard Ex2009-02-06 18:06

    And they replaced Buzzsaw with Boneyard. I agree it went from 90% good to 70% good stuff. Now I'll really have to think about the renewal cost when the time comes.

  36. #36dirt digger2009-02-06 18:31

    i am pretty disappointed with the quality after XM joined on too...but it sure beats the snot out of listening to commercials

  37. #37637slayer2009-02-06 19:26

    i was really dissapointed after the merg, but after listening to octane for the last 4 years its kinda hard to go back to regular radio, i talk to die hard squizz fans and they feel the same way, they wish like i do that out of all the channels sqizz and octane should have stayed their own. i am getting used to it more now, if you dont like the way its goin join the octane army online and let them know how you feel, it takes about ten minutes.

  38. #38Red Bank2009-02-06 20:10

    And morning talk shows! I have Sirius, but the Boss has XM, it use to kill him that I have Outlaw Country and he didn't, but now he does and he is happy.

  39. #39qball2009-02-06 21:43

    stern, outlaw country, willies place. it's all good. terresterial radio is unlistenable.

  40. #40dirt digger2009-02-07 00:04

    i am pretty disappointed with Prime Country...and what was up with all the christmas music on "the highway" this year...last year they dedicated a channel just to christmas country...apparently not the case this year, every 3rd song was a christmas song...first time in a long time i have actually listened to CD's

  41. #41t3chw00di2009-02-10 00:09

    I actually like Octane more now since the merger. Before it was always the same 25 songs over and over on a 3 hour rotation. You get sick of the songs way too quick that way. I like the variety that the squizz team brought over.