I have always been fascinated by looking at how excavators demolish buildings (houses primarily). The typical backhoe excavator not heavier than 15-20 tons usually. I am quite interested in knowing the expert's opinion regarding the big ones and whether they can push down something really big lets say a 10 story building for example? And also do you think backhoe excavator is better for pushng buildings down or normal one? I am more than aware that nobody is going to use this technique but it is really interesting whether the machine can do it.
1000 tonne machine, probably push over a 30 or 40 story building. You could do it, but you'd prob have to buy the building first, and the excavator, and the surrounding buildings. Something to put to put on your bucket list. That would be a kick as job, being in the drivers seat on that one.
do you think that a backhoe would be more efficient for demolishing than a regular one? (liebherr 9800 vs rh 400 for example?)
Yeah I like the higher reach of the 9800 style machine. Ultimately you'd want the rh400 to scoop out the foundations and lower wall on the dropzone side, and the 9800 on the other side to push. If money was no object, that is.