Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dodge v10

watglen ยท 2010-02-04 08:23

Hi guys, My 96 dodge v10 is acting up. At high rpm it sounds like a diesel. It is intermittent and i cant quite describe it properly, but if i back off the throttle just a bit when at higher rpm or higher load, it sounds like a diesel engine for a second. Not sure if this is called pre-ignition or something else. I'm sure i seen a tsb on this, any ideas? Ken

Replies1
  1. #1RonG2010-02-04 14:14

    I have problems with my '95 5.2 sometimes and I suspect the IAC or sometimes it seems like the ignition switch.I sometimes have to start it two or three times before it will idle properly.Once it is running properly it is good until you shut it off and sometimes it will be good for days without any problems.I have checked the IAC with a meter and there are no flat spots so I don't really know what it is.Ron G