Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does anybody have info on a Koehring 6612 excavator?

millercross3 ยท 2013-01-28 11:53

I tried doing a Bing search and not a lot came back. Probably weren't many machines made in that era. If you have some info about it, looking at a 1985 and a 1992 model, I'd sure appreciate it. What engine it had, maybe parts availability, user friendly, that sort of stuff. I saw a picture that showed an air tank in the engine compartment. Did it have the dumb air over hydraulic? Or was it just for mounting a trainhorn to get all the people holding the shovels up to get outta the way I'm still looking for an older trackhoe, but like the legal hauling sized Hitachi UH series, I'm having hard time finding info on them. So if I can't find some background on any hoe, it seems to me like I should stay away from them. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042013-01-28 12:09

    I know some of the Koehrings did have air over hydraulic controls, but I haven't worked on them much, and what I did was 20 years ago.

  2. #2JBGASH2013-01-28 20:33

    www.minnpar.com is the parts supplier for Koehring of which is now owned by Terex. They have alot of Koehring parts and also have a complete online parts catalogue for all models of Koehring on their website; have your serial number handy when contacting them. Koehring really did not make many later model excavator components but instead bought most of them from Hitachi, Komatsu etc. For example, I have an early 1990's Koehring 6620-LC-7 excavator that has an Isuzu engine that is the very same as is used in a Hitachi 200, I have been told that the boom & stick will interchange with a Hitachi also. Have also found out the hydraulic pump is the same as in certain Hitachi, Link Belts, Case and Hyundai models. I do not have any air tanks or things of that nature on my unit because it is a newer model than that time frame. Parts availability are an issue with any Koehring. But overall it has been an excellent machine with very little trouble and a very straight forward and simple machine to work on.

  3. #3millercross32013-01-29 06:58

    Thanks JB, that's good info to know. I'll have to check with them on that.

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-01-29 15:21

    Here is a link to a 1998 / 6612 brochure. It has a few images of what is in the book. Not bad for $9.77 + 3.00 shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koehring-Br...927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27caa7a4ff