nice rig for hook work but I never had a bucket on it yet. Going to be digging about 100 ft. deep
Good luck with that tunler. I haven’t even heard of the model 12000. I’ve done some clamming but all with some very old school manual Link-Belts and Northwests, so I can’t even begin to offer any info. Try Ben94F150, he has more resources on Manitowoc’s than most of us do.
Thanks for replying I sometimes wonder if anyone reads any of this but I'm pretty old school myself, broke in on a NW 50D and spent a lot of time on 95DA, 41's, 25's and an old reliable 190 but I'm just a little apprehensive about trying to dig a hole with one of these newer hydraulic rigs they are not quite as hefty as an old NW or like a 518 Link-Belt. I'm hoping someone can give me a little info on free falling through those wet brakes for long distances and long hours. I did the last shaft with a newer Link-Belt 218 but it was no picnic
On the 10000 (i think that's the number) you can dial in line speed of each drum, there is a knob on one of the A pillars in the cab. If i remember correctly, it's been almost five years now. The brakes were very good, although it had so much line speed there really wasn't a point in falling back into the hole. It's a juice rig, so you can just crank up the throttle and dog both lines into power down. I'm a pretty old school guy, i blew the other guys off saying they were new age pansies and needed to go back to running RT's and leave the cranes to us real OP's. But it didn't take long. It's pretty nice once you get in the grove, feet up on the dash, a/c blowing, radio cranked up. Guess being a pansy has it benefits.