Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

does anyone know what kind of blade this is and what it goes to

bredforgame ยท 2014-05-08 11:16

need help please, ordered wrong one, now trying to sell it. what is this, its about 157 inches long.

Replies9
  1. #1Delmer2014-05-08 11:30

    "Rome Plow" for shearing trees. They were used in Vietnam, easy to find information on, the company is still around and has a website.

  2. #2"acidoil"2014-05-08 11:39

    ROME KG Blade. John

  3. #3mitch5042014-05-08 20:03

    Not just Vietnam, they are still commonly used on D8s in SC. would need dimensions on the mounts on the other side to determine what it fits.

  4. #4td25c2014-05-08 21:43

    Yep , Cutter blade . At 157 " probably made for D7 size machine . We still use one for clearing . One of my favorite tools . http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/td25c/sharpenkg001_zps217c0d22.mp4.html They can be used to shear smaller trees at or above ground level ( as done in Vietnam ) to level the trees but leave the root systems & foliage on top of the ground to prevent erosion . Most of the time on a clearing job I run the cutting edge just under the ground surface ( depth depends on the size of the tree ) using it more like a plow to cut the root systems & roll out the tree http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/td25c/sharpenkg005_zpsbce374be.mp4.html Stinger edge on the right hand side is used to split a big tree or stump to ease the extraction .

  5. #5Heavey Metal2014-05-08 22:00

    Not a rome but a cat angle blade with a cutter bolted on. By the way the web is missing about 12'' of iron.

  6. #6td25c2014-05-08 22:17

    Yeah Heavy Metal , good observation . It looks similar to my Rome K/G blade but I noticed the cutting edge & bolts after you mentioned it .

  7. #7NWH2014-05-08 22:50

    There was a bolt on kit offered in the sixties to convert an angle blade to a K G type blade. I know a farmer who fixed one up on a d6 for shearing thorn trees.

  8. #8theironoracle2014-05-09 18:01

    I think I see 65E painted under that 4x4, I would lean towards a komatsu 65e dozer????TIO

  9. #9MrKomatsu2014-05-09 20:56

    I have not seen Komatsu use this type........