Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 650K Steering

DWR1949 · 2014-05-08 11:20

Have a 2004 650K and a rat chewed wiring & have repaired all that I found. Even had a Case mechanic visit @ $100. an hour (plus travel @ 2.50 a mile) & he found 2 wires I missed on the Left hand solinoid @ transmission. Before he fixed that the dozer would work forward but lock up in reverse & transmission light would come on. I only tested it breifly & it would now work in reverse so we both felt that was all the problem. After he left I put it back together & I noticed that it would pull to the left & I would have to continously steer it to the right to go straight & after a minute or so the lite would come on & I could go to reverse & it will go off for about a couple minutes & then the lite would come back on, both forward & reverse. Before his visit I redid the wiring @ the rear on the speed sensors & steering solinoids as all the insulation had fallen off. No wires were broke or touching so I put heat shrink & reinstalled the harness @ the rear. Could I have put something back incorrectly? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, DWR1949

Replies1
  1. #1fpgm042014-05-08 15:29

    What fault codes are listed in the instrument cluster menu? (In case you are not familiar, press the “enter” switch and use arrows switches accordingly to view the faults) The associated code(s) could help point to the specific issue. When you worked on the solenoid wiring, did you perhaps loosen the plastic caps on top of the coils? If the solenoid coil is not properly installed on the solenoid assembly the condition you describe is possible.