Does anyone know who sells the bucket shank retainer pins used on an Akerman H12? The Akerman manual shows the following part numbers for the bucket, shank and teeth: Tooth: 59691 Tension pin: 42983 adapter: 6212 pin: 25256 lock: 25257 Google isn't coming up with any good results on the part numbers and I don't see any shanks that look the same. Attached is a picture of the pin location in the bucket, and the tooth and shank removed from the bucket. The machine is an Akerman H12b LC, 1987, SN 3008. Any help is appreciated! - Mike
As a guess I would say ESCO but you never know.
ESCO would be my guess as well. Your local Komatsu dealer should have them.
Or volvo dealer? http://www.volvoce.com/construction...er excavators Åkerman/Pages/Åkerman H12B.aspx
Call Tyler Eq in Berlin Ct. They should know what you need.
thanks, I tried Woodco Machinery (Volvo dealer) and CN Wood (Komatsu) in Woburn Ma but neither of them were able to track down the right part. CN Wood did get close though realizing its a Hensley parabolic connector that's holding the tooth on, but couldn't find the part number for the pin holding the connector onto the bucket. Looks like I'll have to hunt around a bit more, or just weld a pin in.
Like I said call Tyler Eq. Some of the people there have been working on Ackermans for years and they came from the Akerman factory store.
I'll bet I have a couple or more in my toolbox on my pickup.They would have come from Tyler originally.I haven't looked for years.Ron G
That's great to hear Ben, I'll give them a try. I was up in Concord Ma yesterday so tried Nortrax, Jordans and Anderson's but with no luck. I'll give Tyler a call. Thanks!
Ron, if you're able to locate them I'd be happy to buy them.
I'll take a look next time I am out there.I have a few different pins so not sure I would know what they look like these days.I have bought pins at NAPA in the past,if they don't have them I'll bet they could get them for you.Ron G
Flex pin did the trick I was able to find a larger flex pin that's working well. Thanks everyone for the help, I appreciate it!
Good day mbreg7 I can inform you as a fact the tooth adapter you illustrate is not a Akerman part, it is a retro fit part for a CAT or Esco type tip. The original teeth were of one part hope it helps (Ex Service manager for Akerman)
Akerman teeth Good day this may be of help
Once more the pins were made of steel, formed by stamping the middle an driven with a hammer into the tooth retainer socket.
Right, its kind of a strange way to do the pins. It doesn't make it very easy to simply replace them with the same type of pin. So far, the reflex pin is working well, but if that fails I may just weld in a similar size pin. Thanks Uffex, good info!