Hi, Does anyone know if D10T Ripper fits on D10R and D10N machine? Thanks.
A D10T ripper will fit straight on to a D10R, but it will not fit on to a D10N without surgery because the ripper mounting frame is different.
What kind of surgery we need to do to fit the mounting group on D10N? Is it possible to make it both fit on D10N and D10T/R? Thanks.
You would need to build a custom mounting group that would bolt on to the rear end of the D10N chassis but would have the correct pin mountings so that the D10R/T ripper frame & cylinder would fit to it. A kind of adapter plate if you will. It's impossible to make the same ripper from the R/T models fit the N without some major engineering work.
You sure nige? The machine I run has the rippers off of a 10r and it is a 10n. They just swapped them over. The r was a multi shank the n a single. We wanted the multi on the N and they just bolted right up.
I thought they were the same but I'm not going to be dogmatic about it They look the same. The earlier model, D9L was different, especially the brackets the the lift and tilt cylinders hooked to.
Ray, AFAIK the 10R & T both use exactly the same Part Number of rippers be they single or multi-shank. The 10N ripper is from a much older generation, as you say back to 9L days. It may be possible to transplant a complete ripper assembly (including the support frame that bolts to the back of the tractor chassis) from a later model to a 10N with no issues, but I don't think the ripper frame, carriage, & cylinders from a later model machine would fit straight on to a 10N unless you transplanted the support frame as well which is why I answered the OP the way I did.
What do you call the support frame Nige? I'm assuming what I know as the two brackets that carry the lift and tilt cylinders? My memory of those is that the 9L's were attached to the tractor by pins. When the 10N came out they changed that to the current set up where those brackets are bolted to the tractor. I haven't done one for maybe 12 months but have done one or two over the years. Maybe I'm losing it.
Working forward from the back. The ripper carriage is the structure that carries the ripper shank, the ripper frame is the sort-of horizontal structure to which the ripper carriage is pinned and to which one end of the ripper lift cylinders are connected. The support frame (or mounting frame) is what's mounted to the back of the tractor chassis, either pinned or bolted, and to which the rest of the ripper components are connected.
Men, hello! I have one question - why is it necessary? I'm sorry for my english
Yes we are on the same page with all that. My recollection is the N,T and R use the same mounting system. Maybe the dimensions vary.