Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does D11N Ripper fits on D11T?

2machine · 2023-06-06 18:33

Does anyone know if D11N Ripper will fit on D11T Bulldozer? Thanks.

Replies17
  1. #1Nige2023-06-06 19:03

    Doubt it. If you want any detailed info it would require the Serial Number of the D11T and the Group Number of the 11N ripper.

  2. #22machine2023-06-06 21:16

    D11T SN jel00329 D11N Where the ripper is taken off is 74Z00603 Can't find the ripper group number of the D11N

  3. #3Nige2023-06-06 22:05

    Not to worry. There is no easy way to tell unfortunately. The only sure way is to measure up the brackets on the rear end of the 11T Case & Frame Gp, the front end of the ripper frame that mates to it, and the front end of the riller lift/tilt cylinders. See RH illustration below. The illustration on the left is a drawing of the 11N ripper mounting to the tractor chassis. Here are the details of the Pin As part numbers for upper, centre, & lower for both the 74Z and the JEL machine. Lower Pin As - 4T-2805. Same for both. Centre Pin As - 9J-2290. Same for both. Upper Pin As - 9J-9055 (74Z), 132-0055 (JEL). One P/N does not service to the other. I can't find out what the difference is - no access to the measurements. Now just because two of the three Pin As Part Numbers are the same does not mean that the ripper frame will be the same width between the "ears". Time to break out the tape measure I think.

  4. #42machine2023-06-10 00:33

    We found another D11R machine, 7PZ00825, Will the ripper fit on D11T? Thanks.

  5. #5Nige2023-06-10 10:49

    Pin Part Numbers for 7PZ ripper installation: - Lower - 4T-2805 Centre - 9J-2290 Upper - 132-0055 I refer you to my answer regarding the ripper from the 74Z-prefix machine. In this case all three pins are the same Part Number between 7PZ and JEL. This does not mean the 7PZ ripper will definitely fit. The tape meaure has to come out to measure the width of the ripper carriage, etc. This is something that the Parts Manual does not tell you.

  6. #6nicky 68a2023-06-11 04:09

    You need to be extremely specific on what serial numbers the doner ripper comes off,and what it’s going onto. Some will fit with some faffing about,and some will never fit properly and you’ll simply waste your money and time. Be careful here and make no assumptions.

  7. #7nicky 68a2023-06-11 04:13

    You need to ask your dealer for the 13th edition of Handbook of Ripping. My 12th edition only covers D11R to D11N ripper compatiblity.

  8. #8nicky 68a2023-06-11 04:15
  9. #9Nige2023-06-11 15:39

    A there a 13th edition Nicky.? I thought it had disappeared into a black hole along with the latest edition of the Performance Handbook.?

  10. #10nicky 68a2023-06-13 15:19

    You’ve got me there Nige,I’ve no idea,I just assumed there’d be another edition to cover T series

  11. #11Nige2023-06-13 15:34

    The PHB was published every year like clockwork since 1971. The last one was Edition 48 (2018) and there hasn't been one since.

  12. #12Coaldust2023-06-14 02:07

    And that makes me sad.

  13. #13Nige2023-06-14 15:19

    I need to correct that. There were Editions 49 & 50 but both were published late despite bearing dates of 2919 & 2020. There has been nothing since then.

  14. #14big ben2023-06-14 16:24

    From what I can tell the 50th was published in 2022. Maybe they just had a small Covid break for 2020 and 2021 ?

  15. #15Nige2023-06-14 16:32

    Maybe you're right. Fingers crossed for PHB Edition 51 then......... Do you have any update on the Handbook of Ripping which is where we came in.? The latest I have in my collection is the 12th Edition.

  16. #16big ben2023-06-14 20:05

    No unfortunately, no update on Handbook of ripping but I’ll keep my eyes open !

  17. #17epirbalex2023-06-15 03:24

    If this was a Komatsu issue in NZ I'd just ring their o800 number , used the service once and was spot on . Probably explains why there are few Caterpillars around here compared to 25 years ago . https://www.komatsu.co.nz/support/services/technical-services Seems to me Caterpillar could well do with a similar service