I'm in the market for a new backhoe. I have 4 Deere backhoes and had nothing but Deere. Do you think getting a quote from cat or case would give me better buying power with Deere if one of the other comes in at a better price. Or would I be wasting my time and the dealers time? I have no intentions on buying cat or case.
It wouldn't hurt to price out the competition. JD doesn't have to know you're not switching brands. You may even find you were willing to pay a higher price without knowing what the JD dealer would counter with. A dealer should never get too comfortable "assuming" a customer will stay loyal. For your own piece of mind it would be good to know what comparable other brands are worth. What if you found you could get a competitive machine for thousands less? It's always good to know what the competition is doing in business and in purchases.
its also a nice way for them to send u some demo stuff to try and convince you to buy form them
I have a little experience in this, Shortly, if you're going for the cheapest, Deere always wins, That's why we have all Deere equipment here. But, if they are "bidding for the sale", your Cat rep may have a little more price control and be able to get you a better deal.
price around at different deere dealers, just like you were going to buy a ford, chevy or dodge, there is competition between dealers.....