I'v got a Hitachi Ex100-3 with electrical problems, dp sensor, or maybe pump solenoid? Been intermittent and driving me nuts. I can turn the swash limiter around on the bottom of the pump, and unplug both pump solenoids, it works very well. It's not perfect, a little jerky, but very usable. I'v had work piling up for quite a while now and need to make some money. Am I going to hurt anything by running it this way? Is there anything to watch for? I need to hear it's ok from somebody who knows. Don't want to cause more problems.
It will probably start to overheat after a while because it is flowing more than it should normally be, but thats really the only thing i can think of
It should not be a problem as it limits your flow to 60%. Intermittent sounds like a bad connection as the wiring gets brittle especialy around the pump.If I recall it sits right under the muffler and it just cooks every thing.
Yes, electrical problems really suck. We have tested continuity, voltage, etc. on about every wire back to the computer. We've checked when hot, cold, wiggled the harness while checking. I also think it needs a new wiring harness, but I hate to buy a $1500 harness if I've not found a bad spot in it yet. My solution is not meant to be a permanent one, I just need to get back to work. And the machine runs and digs surprisingly well in limp mode. Unless I had another machine like it to compare it to, I don't think I would know it's not working correctly.
I bought a Hitachi ex100 today. It is missing a starter and so I really dont know what all of its issues are. The seller thought electrical wires were cut. I would like to know how to put it into limp mode in case I start it and it has electrical issues' I have to load and move it in the next 30 days.
You've probably figured this out by now, but here goes. Open right rear door, on the bottom of the pump head, there's a square plate about 2 inches across held in with 4 allen head bolts. Unbolt this, pull down on it to get it out, then turn it 180* and bolt it back in. The pin is offset, and when put in backward will limit the pump to 60%. Then, unplug both solenoid valves on top of the pump. You might want to tag one with a ziptie or something so when you put it back you don't mix them up-they have the same plug. That's it, good luck. I've put close to 100 hours on mine this way, works pretty well, very useable, never overheated. I'm in the process right now of trying to fix some bad wiring, rebuilt the main control valve, and get it back to the way it's supposed to be. If anyone has a wiring diagram, I'd sure like to look at one.