Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

does my 580SE have a friend near Cincinnati?

rickymac51 ยท 2012-12-31 15:40

would like to look at the hinge setup on the cab door of a 580E,SE or D so I can copy as I'm making my own door. Be glad to drive to your house or business if you'd give me a call. Rick 513 877 2987 Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Replies6
  1. #1rickymac512012-12-31 15:50

    sorry

  2. #2bowen2012-12-31 17:52

    You might be able to find a used one online someplace. Does this look like the correct diagram? If so, and you can identify the part(s) you need we can see what Case wants for them (if available.) There is another thread running that has some used equipment info.

  3. #3rickymac512013-01-01 16:41

    thanks bowen but this doesn't include the window frame hinging. I have this in my parts manual but even looking at the window frame diagram (pg 627 or 623) with the door also hinging from the same point doesn't help me understand the pivoting from the same point. I'm a metal fabricator so I won't be buying Case parts. Just make my own. I'm already afraid to ask what the dealer will want for two replacement windows, door and opposite side. The ones I found on ebay are not laminated safety glass but rather just a pane of standard window glass. Not interested in trying that experiment. thanks again

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-01-01 17:18

    rickymav51, I have had two different local glass shops make windows for me from laminated safety glass. There was big difference with their prices. I am happy with the windows though. There are a lot of dealers on the internet selling the glass you are looking for. Most of them are resellers of Agricultural and Industrial products. You will see their logo (A&I) in the glass adds. Here is link to one of the many vendors I found in a quick Google search. http://www.tiredirontractorparts.com/case-ih/glass-front-side-rh-lh-a-cg3113/ . I have never purchased from that dealer ,but I did from another one I found. The glass (A&I) I purchased was in fact laminated safety. If you do have any shipped to you be sure there is insurance on it that will cover breakage in transit. Actually UPS them self's repurchased and covered the shipping on one of mine that was delivered broken. Be sure to open the shipping carton in front of the driver before he leaves. To find a lot of glass dealers google the A&I part number. I used A-CG3113 glass . This is where I bought mine. http://www.tracparts.com/products/A%2dCG3113.html

  5. #5Tinkerer2013-01-01 17:49

    This photo help any ? That is a 580D. I ran a Case T/L/B many years ago for a contractor. I don't remember the Model number. That window that would open while leaving the door shut was really neat. The door in the photo appears to have two hinges at both the top and bottom. One must be the main door frame and the other for the glass frame.

  6. #6Tinkerer2013-01-01 18:26

    With a little more looking I think I found what you are looking for. This is where I found it. http://www.brokentractor.com/case_backhoe_cab_glass-ser3.htm Part #F96713 . If you bought one of them you fabricate the other one yourself. $590.70 at an online Case dealer !!