My dads buddy is buying a old gravel pit for to fill in so I had to meet a soils guy out there and dig some test hole. This place is going to be a gold mine. The hill was pretty steep I was on it felt like it was straight up and down.
From the first 2 pics I wasn't thinking it wasn't THAT steep but the 3rd one changed my tune. Shoot it looks like a heck of a view for a home. Darin
Do not understand what he is doing ? The gravel pit is where the water is ? and he is going to fill it with what ? whats the test hole for ?
I love steep slope work. I've taken a 312 a lot of places I probably shouldn't have but I'm still here to tell the tale.
Just beyond the water in that last pic. theres 220acres that needs to be brought back up. Where the water is, is where they have been dreging for 40 years. They say there going to fill in some of the water but I dont know how thats gonna happen. The test holes were to check for sand in the sournding areas. There going to mine the rest of the sand out sell it fill it back in with dirt.
That's What I Was Thinking!!! I was thinking the same thing. That's the problem with pictures, the slopes never seem as steep in them.:beatsme
trucks me they were steep. the most the time I had to use the machine to climb the hill. I wish I had pics better depicting it.
The pic in post 5 depicts it pretty well!