Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Marion 7400 video!!!

Sparffo · 2008-11-25 01:12

Look what i found!!! http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shar...36031&a=1300150&lid=puff_1300159&lpos=extra_0 A Marion 7400 (serial S596) dragline working in the -50's and STILL working this day It is used at a mine in Sweden. It is probably the only one still doing productive work this day! The song in the background is dedicated to the Marion excavator, made by some to me unknown Swedish artist. it goes something like this: the excavator, shaking from noice and smells like oil. marion, marion toils for five, but works for hundred. marion, lines are rolling and the earth is shaking. marion, the day goes fast by... funny The operator says that the machine will be scrapped within a couple of years :beatsme If there is anyone willing to save this mega size machinery, please contact me with PM. I can get the contact details to the mine, and if there is a language problem i can solve it! would be a shame to send this piece of history to China ointhead my wife thinks i'm totally nuts

Replies10
  1. #1Eric2008-11-26 10:37

    That is very interesting. I especially like the Marion song. Good stuff.

  2. #2Heavy2008-11-26 10:44

    I can´t send PM to you, but can you give to me your email? I have some ideas.

  3. #3Sparffo2008-11-26 14:35

    Suomi Finland Perkele! Welcome to the forum Heavy! enjoy the site I don't know any other Finns here besides you and me? I have sent e-mail to you! My wife is going crazy at this point, she is singing "grävmaskin... (excavator...) but i think i will need to make her way more crazy to accept a Marion 7400 on our backyard the dozers allready are to much for her...

  4. #4stretch2008-11-26 15:12

    Was this the machine originally used on a hydro project over there?

  5. #5Sparffo2008-11-27 00:29

    acording to the video they used them to dredge and build rivers in the -40s and -50s! people where comming from quite far away to see the monsters working, they were huge then, and still is (the one that is left). Here in Finland there has been a few Marions also on canal/river projects! One was sold back to the states for mining work, and the other two was cut to scrap :beatsme the only memory is a bucket near a river! I have heard rumors that one gigant "walked over" a parked D4 by accident but now i have to go out and walk my excavator

  6. #6Iron Horse2008-11-27 03:55

    Why do they call it Finland ? Is it because it is'nt very fick ?

  7. #7special tool2008-11-27 08:20

    :lmao:lmao I don't know if he will get that...

  8. #8Sparffo2008-11-27 13:44

    Usually i understand english quite well, but this train went by! please explain:drinkup

  9. #9special tool2008-11-27 14:46

    Fin - fick Thin - thick :drinkup

  10. #10Hangus2010-03-09 10:30

    More from Sweden In this documentery from Swedish television they showing film and pictures of Marion. Marion sekvens starts 28:30 in the movie. http://svtplay.se/v/1902030/dokumen...364142,1,f,-1/pl,v,,1902030/sb,p115254,1,f,-1 But there is lot of other scrapers trucks worth to see. I will answear questions if I can