Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dolley pickups how long do you brakes last?

Speedpup ยท 2009-07-05 19:01

I never get more than 15-20,000 miles on the front of my Dodge 3500. Good thing is since the second set I bought bought Autozone lifetime pads which were PFC Got about 6 sets so far for nothing! Rotors have lasted 100,000 if I didn't let the pads wear to steel. thanks

Replies5
  1. #1LonestarCobra2009-07-05 21:01

    I normally get 40,000 miles or so on a set of front pads on either the 1983 K-30, or the '03 F-350. Both trucks weigh about 9000 lbs and pull heavy trailers weekly. Make sure the rear brakes are working. If they are not the front may be doing all the work.:usa

  2. #2td25c2009-07-05 21:01

    Thats probably normal for a 1 ton truck with hydrualic disc brakes on the front if you are hauling much of a load most of the time.Dont let the pads wear down to the steel Speedpup or you will have to spend a little money on new rotors.

  3. #3Dualie2009-07-06 19:53

    50,000 on my 2000+ f-350's towing HEAVY and driving FAST. the pre 99's would eat through pads ever 20-25K.

  4. #4Speedpup2009-07-09 21:03

    Rears are working they last a bit longer. ointhead Rotors were 45 bucks China but that's is all I could get thanks guys

  5. #5garr_trenching@2009-07-09 22:08

    My 06 has 73000 and just replaced the back. The fronts are still good but I use the heck out of my jake. Tow heavy off and on.