Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

retired Oklahoma bullhauler

handtpipeline ยท 2009-07-05 02:35

I just felt the need to set the record straight on what a real Oklahoma bull wagon looks like. That was my haul trucks previous job, and here it is about 6 months after I bought it.

Replies17
  1. #1handtpipeline2009-07-05 02:47

    It's a '91 model, I bought it in January of 2000. Here's some more recent pics of it.

  2. #2Eric2009-07-05 15:49

    She's a beaut!! What are the spec's?? 425 ata? Great ride.

  3. #3td25c2009-07-05 16:30

    Thats a neet looking rig handtpipeline.I like the folding neck lowboy.It looks like a hyster.We side load our excavator on my double drop lowboy sometimes.Great pictures.

  4. #4handtpipeline2009-07-05 23:54

    It's a '91 model 379 extended hood, 265" wheelbase, 3406 Cat, 15 speed, 3.70 rears on Pete Air-Leaf suspension. The lowboy is a 1981 model Phelan. We bought it new, and it's been a great trailer. The pic with the 300 crossways, let a guy use the 300 to demo a house about half a mile from the shop, and there wasn't anywhere to get off of the road to load, so I just side loaded it, and we hauled it to the shop like that.

  5. #5handtpipeline2009-07-06 00:05

    Here's the Pete's predacessor...

  6. #6handtpipeline2009-07-06 00:32

    only 1 of them posted for some reason. try again...

  7. #7RonG2009-07-06 05:22

    Great pics..............the old Mack looks ready to go to work there,good rubber still. They were a tough old truck.Ron G

  8. #8td25c2009-07-07 21:50

    Well ,This thread takes me back to my home state! Yes 25c Is an OKIE.In fact a left handed okie and thats the worst kined.Born in stillwater OK and living in Indiana.Thanks for posting the thread and pictures handtpipeline.Only an OKIE or a pipeliner likes to load over the side of the lowboy as I do.And we dont leave home without a winch on the truck.Hear is a picture of my oklahoma bull hauler.

  9. #9willie592009-07-07 23:24

    Ha! I'm wrong handed as well! It's a right handed world we live in. :Banghead Nice W900 25c.

  10. #10handtpipeline2009-07-08 01:35

    Nice KW 25C. here's a few more pipeliner pic I'm sure you can relate to...

  11. #11handtpipeline2009-07-08 01:40

    well, that didn't work. Have to figure something else out.

  12. #12handtpipeline2009-07-09 00:37

    trying again...

  13. #13handtpipeline2009-07-09 00:40

    few more

  14. #14handtpipeline2009-07-09 00:48

    I still have the '80 model Mack. It's the only big truck we ever bought brand new. The other mack in the last set of pics was a '69 model, and the General was a '78. At one time we had the '89, a '70, the General, 2 '79 models and the '80 Mack. Plus a '72 R700 and '73 R600 Dump trucks. The equipment in the above pics are a Koehring 666D in 1985, Brand new Case 170C in 1990, International TD-14 sideboom on the '69 Mack and International TD-18 sideboom on the '80 Mack in 1984, D7 17A series on the General in 1988

  15. #15td25c2009-07-09 22:03

    Dang handtpipeline,your pictures are making me homesick.Sideloading equipment on lowboys just works better on some jobs.That koehring excavator looks like a real hawg on the lowboy.The d-7 cat pipe layer looks great on the lowboy behind the gmc general.I have to ask,what brand of winch is on the mack? mabe a garwood or tulsa?.I am setting up an oilfield truck now and it has a garwood winch and a tulsa two speed reversing pto on the tranny.Thanks for sharing the pictures.I will get back to oklahoma someday to visit,My only fear is that I would stay in oklahoma once I got there.I love the sooner state.

  16. #16handtpipeline2009-07-09 23:34

    Yeah, the Koehring fully dressed like that weighed somewhere around 115,000. Add the 41,000 empty weight of the Mack and lowboy...somewhere around 156,000. We only hauled it like that once, after that we took the counterweights and bucket off. That's a Tulsa 34 on the Mack. We had 3 of them rigged like that at one time. I've got a Tulsa 34 and a 64 to put on the Pete if I ever get around to taking the sleeper off. I also want to put shorter fuel tanks on it, and add an air lift 3rd axle. I don't want to build a rig-up truck, just a nice winch tractor. I've always wanted the ability to have live poles on a truck, and I have enough wheelbase on this one to rig it up. What part of Indiana are you in? I did some work at the Wal-mart distribution centers in Seymore and Greenfield a couple of years ago.

  17. #17willie592009-07-09 23:39

    Along with that big Detroit sittin' in the back of it!