Hi All, New to the forum and just purchased a what seems to be a good used New Holland LB110. It's a 2001 with 5500 hours, but has been a 1 owner machine that's been well maintained from what I see. The old owner traded it in on a new machine, and the dealer is just down the street from me. The old owner, of course let a few things laps as he planned on trading it in. Now, I am from the great white north and most of the use will be snow related, with some summer work. I got a good deal on it, sold used - as is, where is and it had a few issues which lead to the good deal. Back work lights did not work, so we installed the missing fuse. Fuel gauge was not working, so we hooked up the wire. Heat did not blow out of the vents when turned on, so we hooked up the back of the temperature dial. 4 Ways and brake lights do not work, but seems like it's just a ground and maybe a flasher - we will get to it tomorrow. We can always run new wire for these if needed. Hoe latch does not lift high enough to release from the cab All pretty simple stuff so far Just have to figure out how to make it drive on the road faster and we are all good it seems. Any big known issues that other NH users have had?
I had an LB90 for 12 months to look after, considering it lack of maintenance and abuse it was still going well. it had been overheated many times but still went well. If the extenda hoe is the same i would check the bushings, the 90 bushes had all gone and it had destroyed the mounts for them. Otherwise apart from the cylinder seal kits not fitting It served well.
the NH LB110 is rated as 24.2mph in forward,slightly faster in reverse.
Yes I agree, according to the specks. I believe mine might be governed because its only hitting 25 kilometres per hour right now. Just something else to look into.
my buddy had one once .only problem it wanted to pull into every farm he passed. TREVOR B
Check the transmission oil, if the wrong grade was used this will affect the performance.
I have a NewHolland 575E Good machine flat o-ring fittings Grr hard to find unless you have a good dealer theres a screen in the fuel pump keep it clean and you have power
Don't mean to be bragging but I have a 2006 580 super m series 2, and I got a radar and one of my friends to point it at the machine while I would drive by the radar, and when I did the radar said I was going 50 km/h legit. That's pretty fast if you ask me, no other backhoe could ever go that fast-cat,deere new holland terex, even those jcbs too. case will always be a backhoe leader I don't care what anyone else thinks or says. I speak the truth always a leader, never a follower
Case spec for your machine says 41kph forward, 49,6kph reverse
www.army-technology.com/projects/jcbhighmobilityengin/Share www.military-today.com › Engineering VehiclesShare
The OP did not try to start a which brand is best thread, he simply asked about the NH he has purchased!!
Always love the "mine is bigger than yours posts". I wonder what the ticket is for using a slow moving sign (under 40 kilometers per hour by law here using the sign) and driving 50 kilometers per hour, if it does drive that fast. Not saying it does not, but usually almost 20 percent faster than specs is a stretch. Flasher replaced (darn NH prices - $44 bucks including taxes) and the 4 ways and signals now work. Increased speed to specs, very high tech problem was resolved. We removed the bolt/governor from under the gas pedal.
your right Bala I shouldnt have posted something off topic about this thread, and put in my opinion. And ya robin yates uk- it may say that for the machine that I own,-41 km/h forward 49.6 km/h reverse but it does go faster then that, I know what I saw on the radar, and I know its one of the best ones you can buy on the market- that radar doesn't lie.
Case 580SM, Your tractor has the same engine, trans, axles and pilot controls, if equipped, as a New Holland of the same year. Same company CNH so a lot of the parts are alike. Goel, That the other fellow is right about the hoses.They can be costly, your best bet is to start calling around to see who can make up those flat face metric hoses. Around here I have a place and they about 2/3 the cost of NH. Some of the early models hoses start to deteriorate on the outer covering,they start to unwrap. If I have a hose starting to leak I replace it as soon as I can rather than waiting for it to blow. Wix has hyd. and engine oil filters. N.H. machines are known for their hyd. power they are pretty strong, but not as fast as some others I.M.O. .Good Luck, Mudober
yes mudober, I know that NH, and Case are the same thing because Case owns NH. Thats a good thing too, because there almost the same machine.
No need to brag because there is nothing to brag about.
Exactly, now lets continue this thread shall we, I've posted enough I think lol. How's the new backhoe working out for ya goel?
Before it was new holland it was ford, and they made a very respectable unit, I'd take a 555e against anything in its class & time frame. Very strong units!
I won't. I am actually a Bobcat fan, having owned them for 15+ years with all satisfaction and cussing that comes along with owning a Bobcat, sometimes simultaneously.
Actually, technically New Holland owns Case. Fiat, which originally owned New Holland purchased Case and formed CNH(Case New Holland).
Actually New Holland (1895) was in existence before Ford (1903). The Sperry Corp. acquired NH in the 1970's then Ford acquired it in 1986 and the Fiatt Industries in 1991. The CNH corporation was created on November 12, 1999 through the merger of New Holland N.V. and Case Corporation. Fiatt Industries is still the owner of the majority share of CNH. You should be proud to own a New Holland IMHO.
No need for anyone to hate you for it, you'll end up hating yourself for buying it eventually!! Just kidding I wish you the best of luck with your tractor
Hi Goel, I have only had a couple of posts on here but I have my NH LB110 up for sale here in OZ. It has a horrid clunk going F to R and a hesitation. Spoke to the nearest dealer and they said it was usable but if I wanted it fixed it would be $6k to pull the transmission and labour to fix plus a minimum of $6k in parts, up to $10k. Total $12-$16k. I do like NH but apparently their powershift transmissions are giving out at 5-7000 hours. I have bought an LB90B with the shuttle transmission and 3000hrs, everything is tight and like new on it so if I can change over for under $5k I will be wrapped Is yours the Dana Spicer powershift?
Try 2500 hrs and under 3 years old for the CNH powershift to give up case 590 super r ,cost close to £6000 to fix
Ouch. I think this might be why the LB110's are so cheap, people are shifting them on before they give trouble. I am glad to be back with the powershuttle and hope it is as bulletproof as the earlier fords. Have a Ford 655D and apart from the lack of level lift and the ride quality it is a beast.
Had a chance to put it to hard work. Digging out a customer from 3 ft drifts with ice pack underneath from the tractor trailers running over the snow. Here are a couple quick videos. http://youtu.be/TnJFqAUXF18 http://youtu.be/aF75OdbhyMw More to come as I have time. Subscribe to me for more videos.
http://youtu.be/ZvH8ISUKI0k
Im a diehard case guy but from what i do know earlier ford/new holland were simple and tough hoes. Any machine has potential to be a good machine if its maintained and makes money regardless what any one says.
Just a quick update. Machine has been running great, pushed a little snow. Loaded a couple truckloads of salt. Left it on a couple of cold nights unplugged to test the cold start - always comes to life. Had a guy run it out of fuel. Filled her up, a little cranking and back to life. Don't even know if it has a primer it started that well Very happy so far. More updates to follow.
I used one with a hammer , seemed pretty tough to me and I ran it non stop for 22 hours (it was a rental). I took it back and the dealer/rental store checked the meter , made a remark you got your monies worth , charged me one days rent and that was that. I picked it up took half hour to job , ran all day and night loaded and returned next morning. I did fuel it twice but what would you expect. BTW I want to get into hoe drag racing.