Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Don’t you hate it when…

Welder Dave ยท 2021-11-03 09:54

You call someone up and they put on speaker phone with a 3rd before they even know why you called. I'm sure friendships and even long term relationships have gone in the tank because of it. I could also see it being very bad if it was done with a customer. Say you called your forman with a problem out of the blue and he just automatically turned you over the customer before knowing why you called? It is really annoying!!!

Replies10
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-11-03 16:05

    Personally I think every phone call should be taped-especially when talking to employer. JMC

  2. #2Welder Dave2021-11-03 17:05

    I don't like being put on speaker phone without notice but boy are there times when I wish my phone was recording. Especially when it's employment related. Sure wish it was and I could have played in front of a couple lawyers. Taking an oath in court is about the most bogus thing there is. Very hard to prove and even harder to get any kind of reward for. It should read more like "Will you try to answer the best for side."

  3. #3Truck Shop2021-11-03 17:53

    true Dave, how true.

  4. #4Welder Dave2021-11-03 18:43

    I have a beef with the little canteen at the hospital here. Their sign says open until 4 so I go down at 3:30 to get a piece of cheesecake. They're already closing, but still there. They won't sell me a piece of cheesecake. Cheesecake is good because it can melt in your mouth if have trouble with solid food. Even the darn banks stay open when they're supposed to. I sure wish I had a business I could just turn customers away early pretty much all week. I have an MX track and will discourage people coming at the end of the day expecting to ride for 2 hours but if they want to ride for 45 minutes or 30 minutes is fine. No there isn't a discount if you come late. If I have something to do I'll stay later but I don't close early everyday and if enough people are riding I'll usually stay later. I do hate it when I stay late and the people know it and then take forever to get loaded back up and go home. It happened a few weeks ago. I didn't leave till almost 7:30 on a Sun. when it's posted open till 5. Set your hours and stick to them especially in situation like a hospital. I'd guess they've lost a lot of sales leaving when ever they feel like it.

  5. #5cuttin edge2021-11-03 19:47

    Young fella I work with always puts phone on speaker, and has the truck read his texts to him. he has decided on a female Austrailian voice for the truck. Last week his wife sent him a message, and the Aussie voice said " Been so busy this week babe. I promise after work, that we'll workout, and if we can't have sex, I give you a blow job at least" He kinda smiled and said she would kill me if she knew you heard that.

  6. #6Truck Shop2021-11-03 19:52

    Pew!

  7. #7AzIron2021-11-03 20:34

    Had a similar experience with a buddy on a job the whole job heard a very explicit text from his wife took him a while to live that one down he turned off his auto sync after that

  8. #8JLarson2021-11-03 22:00

    I've been known to tell someone to put me on speaker so as to yell at multiple people at one time, efficiency and all.

  9. #9suladas2021-11-04 00:22

    If you can't prove it happened, it never happened, this is unfortunately how everything works now. Pictures, emails, document everything possible. I always try to avoid phone calls for important things so it's recorded, unless it's something i'd rather not be recorded then I prefer a phone call.

  10. #10Welder Dave2021-11-04 13:44

    Speaking of phone calls, I called to see what all was involved in the labour to fix a steering valve on my Cat 931B. Maybe should be under the heading, "You know you're being overcharged" when the shop say's at the end of the day I only made about $300 profit. Yeah, and it probably took you an hour at most. Didn't pay much attention when I told him 3 of the 6 bolts were loose because they also mount it in place. Did you charge me $20 for putting extra washers I don't need. Doubt I'll go back there again. ..