Hi, I was being proposed recently to deal Baldwin filters and I was wondering what is the difference between theirs and Donaldson and in general between quality and low quality filters. Thanks in advance
We use Baldwin a lot on our non Cat equipment. Personally I don't like how Baldwin simply just sticks an oil filter into a cardboard box with no plastic wrap. After sitting inside a cabinet on my service truck for a few weeks the box starts to disintigrate and fill the filter up with cardboard pulp.
There was a thread here a few months back and I think the general consensus was that Donaldson was the only substitute for factory filters.
can you give me the link
Generally I think Baldwin are considered one of the best filters on the market. If you know you're going to keep a filter in a truck for a few weeks, why not put it in a plastic bag? Some Baldwin filters are wrapped in plastic though.
I've used Baldwin for years without any issues.
This the one i remember HeavyEquipmentForums
Too much work to repack all your filters when you put them on the truck. But Wix does not put them in plastic either. The bummer about Donaldson is some of them do not come in boxes, just the plastic wrap. It gets holes worn in it.
I talked to Baldwin reps at Minexpo last year. Pretty interesting history, something about the red color originally was to match Ferraris, as Baldwin was a primary US distributor of the Ferrari filters. I think Donaldson filters are still made in US, Illinois I think. I think I like Donaldson best.