I broke my door glass out last fall and got a replacement for about $200. When I called yesterday to order a new one, they said it would be around $550. Surely someone will sell a glass cheaper. Where sould I be looking for one?
Gehl & mustang ctl's are just different color takeuchi's. Make sure that the dealer is pricing glass not the lexan that you should be using for running breakers or mowers or other stuff like that. Whats breaking the glass?
I purchased door glass from a local glass shop. I was offered the choice of laminated or tempered. Tempered was more expensive and it would have taken longer to get the door back. The reason being was he had no way to fabricate laminated glass in his shop. He had to order it from a place that did tempered glass. I chose laminated. I think it was about $120.00 each installed. I took the doors off and left them at their shop. I also found that there is a big price difference between different shops.
Operator error broke them. The first time I had a four inch tree truck come through the window; the secont time the machine rocked hard backwards with a too full bucket of gumbo, and a 75 lb chunck came through the window.
Tinkerer, was the glass shop able to put the holes in the glass for the wiper motor?
No. No holes, my doors have plain ole flat glass. I would think any glass shop could put the holes in where you need them. A couple of phone calls would most likely locate what you need. Keep us posted. As you know glass problems are common to just about all of us.
I too have seen the $500 price tag the first time I broke mine. :jawdrop I bought it ,but I installed it. I have had a little better luck at local shops but not much. Some times it is what it is :Banghead good luck, slow down and keep you're head on a swivel !
Thanks for your suggestions, advice and well wishes. A glass guy that I use on vehicles, offered to cut it and install for $120; he just can't put any holes in it. I think I'll have hime make me three windows and I'll just forget about the wiper. A young man that works for me can put them in. I'm sure if I buy a couple extra, they'll be cheaper,,,,,and since I'll have the spares in the shop, I'll probably never break another one.
I never repaired or replaced the broken wiper motor on my backhoe. I applied RainX on the glass and now I don't even miss having a wiper. Rainx is awesome in the winter, not only does water run off but ice and sleet slide off with no effort.
Great idea, I know Rainx works good. I'll be sure to use it.
I got a chuckle out of that, beating Murphy with his own laws.