Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan diesel engines ???

GregD1 ยท 2015-10-31 10:50

Anybody have any exprience or worked on Doosan branded engines ? We are short 28 machines for upcoming events and they ordered a boat load of machines and are supposed to be powered by Doosan engines. I`ve never seen one except in pictures and it`s hard to see if it is their design or a copy of somebody else.

Replies11
  1. #1Birken Vogt2015-10-31 21:23

    They seem to be getting quite popular as smaller power unit engines for air compressors and the like. I am sure they have shortcomings like everything but they are not here-today-gone-tomorrow either.

  2. #2tool_king2015-10-31 23:14

    GregD1 What size genset are you running?Do you work for a rental company?

  3. #3GregD12015-11-01 09:49

    We have about 200 rental machines from 20 KV to 2 meg container units. Adding to our transformers and distribution boxes as needed as needed.

  4. #4tool_king2015-11-01 10:53

    GregD1 We have the engines in forklifts and they seam to be holding up well with no problems at all .

  5. #5omar mohamed2015-12-23 13:18

    well i'm dealing with doosan engines in both excavators and some of himionsa generators at my work and to be noted doosan is the company that bought daewoo heavy equipment department . so about their engines they are good,reliable and "cheaper than cat" engines , and may be doosan engines are not reputable as Scania,Iveco and Yanmar engines but it can get the work done. and sorry for my weak english .

  6. #6John C.2015-12-23 18:15

    I had a customer call me last week about a Doosan excavator. He said there is a tag that proclaims the engine needs to be replaced or rebuilt at 8,800 hours. Anyone know if this is true. I likely won't get to see the motor myself till after new years.

  7. #7GregD12015-12-23 22:14

    You are correct there is a tag on he valve cover that says it has an 8,000 hour life span.

  8. #8Rozay2016-03-01 12:52

    Not sure how long Doosan has been around, but seems like they are coming up. Recently, I've seen a few articles about Doosan engine, it's not as popular as CAT of course, but seems to be receiving good reviews

  9. #9Jock2016-05-06 06:50

    I worked for a Doosan dealer for a while, can vouch for those engines being brilliant. The early Daewoos looked to be an Isuzu copy. Had no major dramas with the Doosans the whole time I was there; except for injectors and rocket box leaks. As for the 8000hr comment, I've seen the DL08s and 06s with +12000hrs working in machines and still going strong What engines do you have?

  10. #10asham2017-08-22 04:20

    GOOD ONE

  11. #11alaa2017-09-09 18:44

    From my Experience Doosan brand are GOOD and OVER HD for the crazy people who doesn't care for the service duration and over loaded ....