Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan DX55 new owner question

backyardKrazy ยท 2021-09-01 06:28

Hey Guys, I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Doosan DX55. For the age, its got low hours. 500. the plastic is still on the interior. It needs a thumb installed, and I cant find any info on the controls/plumbing. It appears to have plumbing to both sides of the stick and capped off. There are 3 buttons on each joystick, right has 2 on top(I had hoped for a thumb) and there's a breaker button below them. On the left, same thing, 2 more side by side and a horn button below. The only hydraulic action I see is from the breaker button, and the horn beeps. All others do nothing. Any tips/suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1ChknScrtch2021-09-15 11:07

    Hi, I'm a new member too and I can't help w/ your question. I'm considering a Doosan S75V and I had similar questions regarding it. Plumbed to the end of the stick but no typical thumb control apparent. It did have a pedal on floor left of sticks which activated hyd. I'm guessing this might be for a hammer. I have quite a few more questions which I'll cover in a separate post, but thought I'd touch base since your question is similar to one of my many questions.

  2. #2KSSS2021-09-18 23:08

    The foot control will likely run the the thumb when the hydraulics are switched to two way. When switched to one way it would be used for a hammer or hoe pac. If you don't have any switches on the handles, this makes the most sense to me. On the 55 those buttons on the control handles I would guess will run the thumb. Obviously with it capped off you wont have any action by actuating it. My Taki has a similar set up. The handles on the right side control the thumb and the other side runs a hoe pac or hammer.

  3. #3ChknScrtch2021-09-19 00:49

    Thanks,I thought I'd see some jump in hyd lines with the control buttons even with the lines capped (as I did with the foot pedal). I'm trying to locate manuals for it, and if all else fails I'll buy 'em from a dealer or online.