Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan Moxy?

Bellboy · 2009-07-12 13:12

Am I just mad, or has Doosan really bought Moxy? Here's a link: http://www.doosanmoxy.com/ :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:drinkup:drinkup Opinions on the purchase. . .

Replies20
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2009-07-12 13:28

    Yeah, it happened early this year or late last (don't remember which).

  2. #2AtlasRob2009-07-12 16:33

    You mean to tell us that you have not had the eye watering pleasure of a Moxy in Doosan ORANGE yet. There was one on the stand at the SED show here in the UK a while back.

  3. #3BritOperator2009-07-12 17:02

    Can't beat the good old Moxy dumptrucks, one of the original manufactures of articulated dumptrucks. I'm sure a few people on here have had the pleasure or pain, depending on the condition of the truck, of running a Moxy at least once. Doosan bought the rights to the Moxy trucks off of Komatsu as Tigerotor77W around the start of the year. They previously bought the excavator arm (no pun intended) from Daewoo.

  4. #4Panhandler Bob2009-07-12 21:43

    Fifty tonner??:drinkup

  5. #5Bellboy2009-07-13 02:49

    I do live at the bottom of the world, and I WOULD LOVE to see the Moxy's in Doosan orange.....:naughty:bouncegri:notworthy I would therefore assume that Everybody is in agreement with the purchase?

  6. #6stock2009-07-13 03:49

    A brief history In 2001, the government-owned AS Olivin took over Komatsu's share in Moxy and became the sole owner. Shortly after, a change in government led to the sale of AS Olivin, and Moxy Trucks AS was separated out. The Government became the owner of Moxy, but wanted to sell the company to ensure its competitiveness and maintain its role as one of the leaders in the ADT market. At the end of 2002, the Norwegian Government had found a suitable buyer in the English engineering company, Thomson Group. In 2003 the Thomson Group gave the best bid, and they are to this date still owners of what is now Moxy Engineering AS. The Thomson Group is a private, family-owned company that has great experience from engineering, real-estate and construction. Evidence of their will to make Moxy succeed can be seen in the "birth" of the MT41 the same year as the takeover. Moxy, always one step ahead of its competitors - pioneers in development and performance. In 2008, Doosan Infracore's Construction Equipment Business Group acquired 100% of the company from Thomson Group, and changed the name as Doosan Moxy AS. Stock

  7. #7Bellboy2009-07-14 02:02

    Interesting history there, I wonder why there is so much changing hands of Moxy . .

  8. #8Ondrej Hajek2009-07-15 14:52

    Saw them at Intermat, Paris: http://url.synthlife.com/mm21ipec

  9. #9JDOFMEMI2009-07-15 20:32

    Welcome to the HEF forum Ondrej Hope to hear about construction in your part of the world.

  10. #10Bellboy2009-07-17 03:20

    Awesome website, awesome. How much altering do you think Doosan will do to the Moxy's in the near future?

  11. #11Ondrej Hajek2009-07-17 05:51

    Hello JDOFMEMI, I hope so, too . There are many same things in our country as in yours :usa but a lot of things seem a bit different. I am looking forward interesting discussions.

  12. #12Ondrej Hajek2009-07-17 05:55

    Thank you . If I can figure from another Doosan aquisition – Bobcat, I would say nothing special will happen. For Bobcat there are no changes concerning production due to Doosan ownership (we have a Bobcat production plant here in our country and I have this information from the manufacturing and engineering manager). Doosan even withdrawed their own skid steers from this year's Intermat in favor of Bobcat. Bobcat also adopted Doosan’s small wheel excavator under the name Bobcat E55W – the first Bobcat made by Doosan. According to the facts mentioned above I think Doosan is going to support Moxy and Moxy dumpers will profit from this Korean aquisition. On the other hand I am not shure about the future of Moxy brand looking at the color change and Doosan badge on the bonnet…

  13. #13Bellboy2009-07-17 11:41

    Sounds like you are quite in the know as far as Doosan goes, thats really cool. Em, do you know as yet when the Moxys will reach Dubai and South Africa?

  14. #14Ondrej Hajek2009-07-17 17:31

    Doosan is present in both countries so I think it’s a question of time… just my personal opinion, I don’t know anything about Doosan's product launch schedule :beatsme

  15. #15Bellboy2009-07-18 04:03

    I suppose that you would be right. I personally can't wait to see some of the DX, DL, and Moxy models.

  16. #16B&R Equipment2009-08-21 16:02

    Doosan will make the Moxy trucks better with their RND...they have done that with excavators, and wheel loaders.

  17. #17Bellboy2009-10-10 02:28

    Haha, Doosan Infracore South Africa is launching the DX range of excavators, at long last. The first model that will be properly launched is the DX225LCA, and I personally can't wait!

  18. #18stock2009-10-10 04:50

    We look forward to your account of them "Bellboy", see if you can get some sales litature and scan it , and post it for us.I like to see if the machines are different to what sold over here.

  19. #19surfer-joe2009-10-10 15:58

    Moxy's are not a bad product, but they are a niche market machine and making a profit off a niche machine has always been a problem for the folks that own the company. Dealer and manufacturer support has always been a problem too, the company shifting through owner after owner has not helped in that regard. There is strong competition in the arctic market, and the Moxy is really no better or worse than Cat, Volvo, or any of the others. Price wise they have always been competitive, but now, maybe being built in China with nearly the worlds lowest labor costs will make a big difference. Were I to choose a machine for a long term project, or ownership, I would look strongly at the dealer and manufacturer warranty and product backup network before I purchased. That may be another problem Moxy has to overcome quickly.

  20. #20Bellboy2009-10-11 00:26

    I most certainly will stock. I'll see if I can't swing to be at the launch when it happens... I do however think that it will be a while longer until we get the Moxys, as the market is being monopolised by Bell Equipment, who make ADTs for South Africa, as well as John Deere, so there will be stiff competition there against Doosan Moxy. However, on the plus side, the Stadiums are almost finished, for those soccer fans out there.