Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DoMor Loader Grader

JAK5 ยท 2009-07-19 20:28

Has anyone ever seen or used a DoMor grader loader. They looked like a heavy duty 4x4 tractor with 4 wheel steer, a loader & bucket on the front and a 6 way back blade, backhoe, and mulching attachments on the back. They were excellent for site prep and had a ton of power. A good operator could prep a site and lay a grade in half the time with less equipment. You could get right up to buildings scape you spoil away and load it right up into the dumptruck you brought it to the site with. I seen them around in the 80's & 90's but not since. The paving contractor I worked for had 5 or 6 of them. :usa

Replies4
  1. #1Turbo218352009-07-19 20:59

    I thought there was a thread about them here, not sure on where. Im going to take a guess since you said paving contractor, you are from northern lower mi. Its been 5 years or so, but AIS used to sell a version of these built from the JCB sitemaster backhoes. Seemed like they would be a handy little machine to team up with a grader to do final grades on parking areas. Grader can cover the big ground, while the domor moves material for the grader, and grades the close quarter areas.

  2. #2digger242j2009-07-19 21:07

    All you need to do is use the search button.

  3. #3JAK52009-07-20 08:44

    Do mor grader Yes I worked in the Northern Lower for H&D out of Petoskey. They were a great company. I left and moved back home to the UP. I often wich I would have stayed, H&D was a class act. The Do Mors were great machines. They were more versatile and went more places than just about any other machine we had in the fleet. A little upgrading and they could make a nice machine... I looked up the old threads, it was great to read all the info...

  4. #4pwrstroke6john2009-07-31 02:32

    Elmers still runs a bunch of them, but they have repowered all theres with deere diesels. Theres a company in, kalkaska or kaleva that is building them again but theyre red and called domor chiefs. I was talking to a guy from reith riley in ludington and he said the cheifs are going for abourd 118k new.