Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope to benefit from y'alls knowledge. I operated a Doosan S75V with 1750 hrs and I plan to buy it unless the issues below are show stoppers. - When 1st started blue smoke for 1 minute or less then clears up. - Radiator had no water / coolant visible. it was damp inside and there were no visible leaks. The engine stayed within normal temp range for the hour I ran it. - When dipstick is removed engine blows small droplets of oil out. (Yanmar 4TNV98-Z) - Hardly any visible vapor from filler cap but when it is installed loose I could see pressure bubbling around the cap. - The area below the turntable is damp with oil, but no drips seen. - Stick to coupler and boom to stick boom both have play. - It has hyd ran to the end of the stick, but I didn't find any typical thumb controller. It did have a foot pedal in the left side of the floor which activated hydraulics. I think this might be for a hammer but I'm just guessing. If I buy it I will definitely want to do what ever necessary to make a thumb work. - Battery light came on after 30 minutes and stayed on, but would still start. - Cracked front glass and no windshield wiper but the washer works well enough to squirt water up my nose. BTW I will use this machine to clean up my 66 acres which has areas which are overgrown with the biggest privet I''ve ever seen. I am also thinking about getting a hammer and a brushcutter or mulcher for it in the future. I appreciate any advice / comments and will upload pics after I figure out how to get them transferred from my phone. Thanks
Update, I'm the proud new owner of the old Doosan S75. I've put a little over10 hours on it and for what I'm using it for compares well with the KX080 rental that I put 100 hours on. I really want a thumb, but I've realized that having to get by without one is making me a better operator for when I do get one.
Congrats, and happy digging!!!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning all I can about operating and maintaining my "new' machine. I'm sure I'll be on here with for rookie questions.
I finally got a Operator's Manual for my Doosan S75V and was disappointed in the hydraulic specs below (if I'm interpreting them correctly). It'll still suffice for my primary purpose of clearing invasive trees/brush after I get a thumb, but I think my plans for enventually getting a mulcher for it are probably unrealistic with the available flow. Hydraulic Pump Type (Rexroth) Variable Piston Pump and Gear Pump Main Pressure kg•cm2 (psi) P1 280 (4,000) P2 40 (568) Output/Discharge Capacity - lpm (U.S. gpm) P1 71 (18.75) P2 11 (2.90) Hydraulic Oil Tank Capacity 94 liters (25 U.S. gal.)