Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan swing motor

Tom Ft · 2021-06-07 02:19

Hi everyone I have a doosan dx140 and I’ve got a bit of a problem with the housing of the swing motor. The ring of bolts that hold it to the body of the machine have come loose in the past and now the bolt holes have slightly elongated and there is movement of the swing motor. I have made the bolts as tight as possible but after about 100 hours the motor is moving again. Anyone come across this before? Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2021-06-07 04:50

    Good day Tom Attached is a solution we have used successfully on a few occasions, it will depend on the space available as to the dimensions so its not a scaled drawing but enough I guess to see what we used. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Tom Ft2021-06-07 05:01

    Hi uffex That’s a good looking option to me. I’ll pull the motor out and give it a go I reckon. Thanks very much.

  3. #3uffex2021-06-07 05:14

    Good day Tom Most of those Doosans have a dowel peg in one position this may need some attention as well. KR Uffex

  4. #4Tom Ft2021-06-07 08:29

    No worries I’ll have a look when the motor is out. I have access to a lathe so should be able to sort it hopefully. Thanks again for your help.