Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Double Unicorn Anyone? JD 743 Harvesters

Chopper95 · 2018-11-29 23:33

Didn’t get a good look, was just driving through the yard and snapped a few pictures. Immediately knew what they were. Not in bad shape, could probably scrape one together between the two? Super cool to see in person.

Replies4
  1. #1Plebeian2018-11-30 03:41

    What they look like with air in 4 tires.

  2. #2funwithfuel2018-11-30 06:08

    Thanks for the link plebian. I've never seen one, let alone, in action. That's pretty dang cool. An articulated rubber tires excavator, of sorts. Chopper95, you gonna resurrect one from 2 . That's awesome. Are they typically a forestry thing or dirt mover? What was their primary purpose.

  3. #3John C.2018-11-30 11:15

    Thanks for the video. Looks like a repurposed skidder and that they did a good job of it. I haven't seen a clipper at work in a lot of years.

  4. #4Wytruckwrench2018-11-30 23:32

    I have spent some time on one of those in Colorado and Wyoming. Always wanted to make a firewood processor out of one.