Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Down time Calculator?

breg099 ยท 2025-01-06 19:47

Hey Heavy Equipment family. Been several years since I posted, I've been fortunate in my career to move up the ladder and get a desk job in fleet management, and with that came with some interesting asks, some requiring me to learn to do some basic sw development, one of those being a way to quickly calculate equipment downtime and it's financial and project impacts, so I made a program, I create equipment enter cost to operate per hour assign it to a job, if anything goes wrong with that equipment on the job I log downtime (maintenance pm whatever), decide if it stops the project and bam I get a downtime incident and cost, I can report on how much downtime has cost the company for the week year whatever. I'm curious if I slapped some makeup on my program if any other fleet managers or the likes would use it? Love to hear your feedback on if I should make it pretty and then share it for you all to use.

Replies1
  1. #1Chrisso2025-01-07 01:51

    If anything I'd be interested in whether the 'actual' versus 'advertised' Total Cost of Ownership is even close. https://www.cat.com/en_US/campaigns/awareness/tco-calculator.html