Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Down with the barn!!

stumpjumper83 ยท 2009-07-20 16:31

Today I pulled a barn over for a lady that was scared that it was about to fall over, I'll post the video as soon as I get it, --> customer made it. Took the boards off the ends, hooked up the cable, cut the braces, and winched it over. Easy day.

Replies9
  1. #1bigblueox2009-07-20 20:49

    glad to see you got the motor back in the old girl. how does it run?

  2. #2Pecord Exc2009-07-20 22:32

    FYI if I were you i would pull those rock guards off your underacarriage unless you REALLY need them, they trap the mud and sand in there and will considerably shorten U/C life, other than that great JOB!

  3. #3jmac2009-07-20 22:57

    That track looks tight, nice easy day.

  4. #4D5G2009-07-20 23:39

    Looks like fun, are you cleaning it up too?

  5. #5special tool2009-07-21 07:15

    Nice job and machine. You happen to see any 450 loader ROPS down in the Lancaster area?

  6. #6stumpjumper832009-07-21 09:29

    Yes, with a new block, redone crank and head, alligned conecting rods, new oil pump, and a full rebuild kit, she runs like a top. That little deere has more grunt then I expected out of a machine that size, but thats a good thing. A with the rock guards, I have some flagstone to find here soon, and after I get that done, I'll prolly take them off. The machine came with them on, I didn't buy them. How much is considerably shorten? I don't usually get into that much mud, I had to build a road so I would have a place to pull from. I tried in one spot, and I left complete belley pan marks, so I had to find a new spot to make the road. I try to avoid mud if possible. Nope clean up is someone elses game, I'm done and paid. I think she is going to have someone else do the cleanup and take alot of the old boards and beams. Barn dates back to the 1890's, hand hewn beams and all. Special, do you want a rops for a backhoe, or a standard rops? Wengers should have them, I think baker's welding has one or two, but I'm not sure if they are backhoe ones or not. I have an extra backhoe bracket though if anyone needs one.

  7. #7mailtrain2009-07-21 22:55

    Stumpjumper85 that's why they call them rock guards. Leave them on especially on a track loader. It also gives more strength to your track frame with all the turning that is done. As long as seals on the rollers are good mud isn't the problem, getting a rock in there will tear up a roller quick. Just my opinion. mailtrain

  8. #8mailtrain2009-07-21 22:57

    Stumpjumper83 that's why they call them rock guards. Leave them on especially on a track loader. It also gives more strength to your track frame with all the turning that is done. As long as seals on the rollers are good mud isn't the problem, getting a rock in there will tear up a roller quick. Just my opinion. mailtrain

  9. #9Yukonjack2009-08-03 00:43

    Here's a hint for the debris: A local guy here uses old wood to make birdhouses. He and his brother work in a heated barn all winter making those things and sell them during the spring. They cleaned up a demo job I had of a lot of wood, made some nice product, kept themselves busy and made some nice money. Win. Win. Win. I like it!