Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Decelerator question

Hjolli · 2009-07-26 16:34

Hi, I have to bring this, well maybe ignorant question, but why don´t track loaders have decelerator pedals like dozers? I operated dozers and wheel loaders for many years, but don´t have any exerience with track loaders. At the same time I have been wondering why pedal steering has been preferred on loaders compared to hand levers on dozers. Thanks for your information

Replies4
  1. #1ctkiteboarding2009-07-26 21:33

    my fl5 has one

  2. #2Knucklehead2009-07-27 21:39

    http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6257201&GUID=F49692D6FE1E4AAEA88C3508210E2F96 Look through the pics of this machine(977H) we had one alot like this one. On the center consol, under the throttle handle there is a small pedal. That is the decelerator pedal. It is on a shaft that runs through that consol with another pedal on the other side

  3. #3jeeperguytj2009-08-03 17:40

    The newer ones are hydrostatic (CAT) and have implement control on the right, forward/reverse speed on left and pedal steer. I guess it's because they don't do as much long straight pushing and dozers have regular powershift transmissions. My guess would be maneuverability.

  4. #4JimBruce422009-08-03 18:00

    Because most new trackloaders are hydrostatic and have infinite variable speed control, allowing the operator to keep the engine at full RPM's and full power to the bucket controls, while still slowing or speeding up. Least that's what I figure is part of the reason.