Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Download Manuals D5H?

cannuck ยท 2024-10-28 15:11

My '95ish D5H LGP has been dead reliable and functional for years, but I am getting to the point I would really like the operator's, workshop and parts manuals as I have for most of my equipment. When I go to the CAT site only "print manuals from dealer" seem to be available. What is a reliable .pdf source? I need some upfront info as when I downloaded the shop manual for my chore tractor directly from Agco website what I got was a mickey mouse scan of crooked pages at such poor resolution that none of the (MANY) photograph images are discernable and the engine section is useless. Don't want to cough up yellow paint premium prices and get dollar store comic books in return.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-10-28 17:12

    To start with - what's the Serial Number.? That will identify the appropriate manuals. Genuine Cat OEM Operation & Maintenance and Parts Manuals can both be downloaded in pdf format from the Caterpillar Publications web site by anybody. Service manuals are not available for download. The only option I know for a genuine OEM service manual is either paper or in pdf format on a CD. FYI a service manual will also contain a copy of the O&M Manual.

  2. #2Dtact2025-01-18 22:34

    Hello Nige, I recently purchased a D3C series 3 6SL1 and I would like to download the operationand parts manual but i can only find the option to pay for them. How could i find them?

  3. #3Nige2025-01-18 22:44

    Paying for them is the only option I know of to get hold of manuals, unless some kind soul shares one with you. it's not like an Opertion & Maintenance Manual is super expensive. $52 to download a pdf copy from Caterpillar. The parts manual is a little more expensive, $124. Search the web for SEBP2241, you might find a used copy cheaper.

  4. #4Joe H2025-01-19 02:24

    https://finneyparts.us/cat-d3c-d3c-lgp-xl-series-iii-parts-manual-sebp2241-sd635353675 $95 https://www.ebay.com/itm/305762016610 used $90 https://www.ebay.com/itm/200689153440 used $62 Joe H