Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer attachement opinions

daren99 ยท 2012-03-29 22:21

Hi guys, Do any of you have a dozer attachement for your skidsteer? I'm looking at getting one to put on a t820 I'm looking at. I was wondering if there are better built ones then the bobcat brand. I haven't seen one up close but was wondering if others have tried different brands that were better or worse or about the same. Thanks, Daren

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2012-03-30 12:56

    Usually the conversation is whether this have any value. The general concensus seems to be not really. Those that do like them have a very defined role for them and say that they take a good while to learn to run well. Even on larger machine like a T320 (I assume thats what you meant) the wheel or track base is short making fine grading more difficult as the machine wants to tortoise over uneven ground. That being said I doubt that BC has any real advantage over the others. Grouser makes a nice dozer I know.

  2. #2k452012-03-31 09:44

    All the videos I see of them is in nice, soft, loose dirt.....

  3. #3daren992012-03-31 15:46

    Thanks KSSS, I figured trying to cut with them may end up with the hopping you talked about. I think mostly I would use it for leveling and spreading loose dirt. I am also considering a grader attachement instead. Do you have any experience with the bobcat grader or another brand. The few I've seen, it looks like the bocat one is the heavier built one. I haven't checked price yet but I'm sure they aren't cheap.

  4. #4KSSS2012-03-31 17:03

    The grader attachment would have more value in my opinion. I saw that BC grader at ConExpo, very nice attachment, much more substantial than the Palm grader that they used to sell. If I recall correctly the BC grader was 12-14K. However considering how much more valuable it would be over the dozer attachment which new must be around 5K I know I would rather put the money toward the grader attachment.

  5. #5CM19952012-03-31 19:24

    I agree with KSSS on the dozer blade. There is a friend of mine that bought one probably 10 years ago and it sits in his barn rusting and the only skid he has that is wired to use it is his oldest 863, which is only a yard machine.:cool2 The grader attachment has it's place but for the price tag I really don't see it paying for itself unless you do a lot of commercial slab concrete prep or ball fields. Growing up using only a skid steer with a tooth bucket, I have learned how to use it to do whatever the task is at hand.