I built this bucket a few years ago, because I really miss having the corner tooth like on a track loader.I have never seen a "factory" bucket like this offered for a skid steer. I have had a few guys want to know where to find one factory made. Building one bucket at a time is too expensive (to sell). Anybody know of a manufacturer that has this corner tooth?
Looks like a add on tooth bar. lot of companies make them about $300.00 for a good one
That's like Deere sells as a bolt on tooth bar for their buckets. It's a poor design with too much stress placed on the straps holding the corner teeth. I broke off four teeth that way, the last two in soft dirt I gave up and replaced it with a tooth bucket. I have a thread here a month or so ago about this and the general response was that it's a bad design that doesn't hold up. Ken
That is not a bolt on cutting edge. I would also like to know were to get a bucket like that. What did you use to make the shank for the corner tooth?
The corner shanks are a Cat part that I think is for a backhoe bucket. The shop I went to for the cutting edge and other shanks/covers set me up with this when I mentioned that I wanted a corner tooth. The bolt that you guys are looking at is not a toothbar bolt , it holds on the corner shank only and like larger machines it is replaceable along with the tooth cover. I've been down the tooth bar road, and belve it or not, having the corner tooth actually on or a little past the corner does make a difference. On a tooth bar the last tooth sits just inside the sidewall of the bucket. And like said, they are not all that tough. I did read your post on the broken off shanks, I had the same "Deere" T.B. and was only able bend them, not rip em off! Give it hell right?
Nice bucket setup and obviously not a tooth bar.:cool2 I had a bucket built a few years ago because I was tired of wearing out skid steer buckets and was looking for something that had more replaceable wear parts. Started with a Cat smooth lip bucket with reversible cutting edge. Had the parts guy find some backhoe shanks that would be the right size to weld on. A little engineering with the cutting torch and we modified the profile of the shank to be even on the bottom with the reversible cutting edge. Now I have a bucket when the edge starts to scallop between the shanks, you just flip the cutting edge around and keep on going. Also split the outside shank and welded it so it sits in the corner like yours. Now I wish I would have added a heavier duty outside shank like you have. Good work!:drinkup
I have to say i never noticed that skid buckets lack real corner teeth until now, but thinking about it i'm pretty certain yours is the first i've ever seen with them.
Funny y'all should mention this , I've been thinking of the same thing: CM1995 , if you have any pics I would love to see them. So ...the teeth set flush with the bottom of the edge , right ? I use my 4n1 bucket with flush mount teeth as my primary bucket. I never change buckets , not even to clean dirt or silt out the street. It would be nice to change edges with out cutting and welding shanks every time. The corner bits would be a nice touch
My guy at the cutting edge shop had some sweet little reversable wear edges that bolted in between the teeth just like a 953 bucket. I was tempted but It would have made the bucket a lot heavier and the spacing of the teeth/wear edges would not work with the 93" width that I needed for the Gehl with tracks/spacers. If ya still got it, show a pic when you have time.
Yes the bottoms of the teeth are flush with the cutting edge. When we first made it, it took a little while to get used to cutting with it but after a few hours you settle right in. The cutting edge is continuous just like a regular smooth lip bucket. Will do. It's out on a job and I was going to snap a pic Friday but since the T250 is the smallest and easiest stolen machine, it was sandwiched between the 953 and D5G and I just didn't feel like moving something to get the bucket out...and it started raining.