Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer blade comes up by itself

bchand220 · 2022-02-06 14:26

Have a 2018 Komatsu D39PX-24 w/ 3000hrs on it that the blade will come on up on it’s own after letting go of joystick. Joystick does have some play/slack in it. It also does this during operation which stinks. Looking for suggestions on things to check. I’ve been told the joystick slack could be the issue.

Replies4
  1. #1bchand2202022-02-12 10:36

    Anyone have a suggestion?

  2. #21693TA2022-02-12 11:06

    Sounds like you have a spool valve sticking or not centering itself. It could also be compromised seals in the control valve. This could be a burr, shaving or other fouling matter, a simple spring centering adjustment, wear in the bore the spool slides in, etc. I don't know your system at all and aforementioned are generalizations. Regardless it sounds as if you have internal leakage in your control valve for the blade function.

  3. #3StevenG2022-03-05 08:48

    Have you looked into any of the electronic blade control functions?

  4. #4Brelon2025-06-04 20:33

    Were you able to figure this out I have a D51 ex-24 doing the exact same thing.