A few years ago I use to go to my local libary. They has a couple of books. I think they may have been blue or yellow. They were something like the Kelly's blue book on cars. This book had all the specs. for the older dozers, tractor, graders, etc. Weight, height, length, hp, #cyls, gas, diesel, price sold for new, etc. Was a very handy book. It was a referance book and could not be checked out. I dont remember the name. I have been trying to find out the name and where I could get one. I went back to the libriary some time ago to look up the weight of a Allis chalmers 653. They said they threw the book away because no one ever used it. I had asked them to sell it to me a couple of times and they said they would when they got a new one in. Evidently they never got a new one and threw away a wealth of information.
Sounds like another good use of our tax dollars. I checked and it didn't have any information for Allis Chalmers but typically, a really good site for specs on machinery is: www.ritchiespecs.com
There were too many variables to track for a single price guide to be of any use. The last book I know of was Green Guide which was way over priced. I don't know of any libraries around here that would have purchased it. There just wasn't enough call. I used to go through the NADA books at the library, but with budget cutbacks even our local library has quit their subscriptions. The web is the place to go now days and even if you hit a paying site, the cost is really minimal.
I tried Ritchie Bros. and they did'nt list any specs for a Allis. If it was a book that I could have checked out, I think I would have and then told them the dog ate it and offer to pay for it. Why they would throw something like that away beats me. It even had the specs for the old cockshutt tractors, Oliver dozers, Minnapolis moline, drott, eculid,
I'm also trying to find info on a Dresser td20g. (First post)