Reminiscent of Marvin Heemeyer and the "killdozer", this bloke lost the plot, here, this morning and flattened a house and several cars with a D9. No one hurt thankfully. Cheers, Greg http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/homes-cars-crushed-by-stolen-rampaging-bulldozer/story-fni0cx4q-1227388035884
Saw it on the news tonight. A Daracon D9T stolen from a mine a few ks away relationship issues.It got stuck which allowed police to get him.
I expected there was a domestic dispute involved. I wonder what type of charges will be levied. Lucky no one was hurt or killed. Keep us posted.
It probably dosent matter much at the end of the day what hes charged with He wont have a red razoo to his name to pay for the damage. I just hope the carsx4,1 boat and home owner all have insurance, otherwise there going to be whistling Dixie.
I heard he's not long out of the big house. Looks like he'll be enjoying another stay shortly. Actually, I once drove a dozer into a house. We had an old derelict house on the farm here, every time there was a strong wind it would loose a few more sheets of roofing iron, so we decided to burn it to put it out of it's misery. I wanted to save a nearby tree so pushed a corner of the house away with the HD16 we had at the time. Wasn't as much fun as you might think. Most older houses here sit on hardwood stumps set deep in the ground, so I spent more time dealing with these instead of crunching into the house. I suspect it may have been the stumps that old mate got hooked up on yesterday. Cheers, Greg
Nothing quite says, "I'm not happy with you", like flattening their house and car with a D9. Thankfully all occupants escaped before the house was flattened.
Had a guy work for me tell a story about his soon to be ex wife smashing her new Tahoe into his almost new pickup multiple times. The insurance wouldn't cover the damage because it was a domestic dispute. I guess they look at it as much the same as smashing your own stuff. I wonder if this guy spilled his beer when he got the dozer stuck?
If I was the owner,or last person to have parked up the dozer, what this clown spilt when he was destroying everything would be the least of my concerns, because every insurance company coverything that was destroyed (if it was) is goin g to want to know how he got access to the Dozer.
Any jackhole with a credit card can buy a Cat key on EBay. Not much problem there. Hell, any of us with Cat machinery can drive right into the dealers lot and do the same thing with a piece of iron that has the plastic on the seat.
Shimmy1 You can buy a bunch keys on E-Bay that fit 15-20 heavy machines that could do the same same damage as a dozer for $50. This jackhole dosent have 1 DIME to add 2 his famous life, yet he accessed 9t of destruction to use for what-ever reason. I can tell you this for ZILTCH. Over here insurance companies WILL want to know why.
Chances are there was no need to even buy a bunch of keys. I understand the machine was "borrowed" from a mine site. Every mine site I have worked on required that machines were left with the battery isolated and the keys in the machine. I guess they rely on the overall security of the mine site to prevent unauthorised access to machines.
Karl robbers My point exactly: How does anyone gain access to this dozer ??????????????????? Some one is NOW trying to dig his way out of a Huge COURT Case. Done and Dusted.