Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer Fuel…off the road/Ag fuel

kc5gxc · 2007-06-27 21:43

I bought fuel today...the dyed off the road diesel.....it was $2.42&9/10. This is in Poplarville, MS. Pete

Replies31
  1. #1DPete2007-06-27 21:52

    This month I bought 3800 gals @ $2.35 plus sales tax brought it right to $2.50. Remember the good old days when it was $0.67

  2. #2rino14942007-06-27 21:59

    We just got 500 gallons and it was $2.29 a gallon plus tax. The week before it was $2.19 a gallon.

  3. #3Ross2007-06-27 22:11

    Man thats super cheap £1.14p per Gallon. Try £2.50 per gallon here Regular Petrol/Diesel is close to £5 a gallon.

  4. #4thejdman042007-06-27 23:12

    250 here, 200 gal min to avoid delivery charge.

  5. #5surfer-joe2007-06-28 18:00

    I remember the days when #2 diesel was $.15 a gallon, and you got green stamps with the purchase. Gas was $.19 a gallon, and you got green stamps with that too. A bottle of Pepsi was 8 cents, candy bars was a nickle. Someday, folks will look back and say, "I remember when gas was only $3.50 a gallon". Inflation marches on.

  6. #6RonG2007-06-28 18:20

    Back in the old days they had gas wars between the stations,I remember Bennies Sunoco in Bangor Maine was 11 cents a gallon.I was working for Lane construction but laid off for the winter and ran Grants Texaco across the street all night so I could eat.Those were the days.That would have been in 1963,right after I got out of the army.Ron G

  7. #7DigDug2007-06-28 19:00

    hi Ron, i live two hours away from Bangor, but i know Lane construction is still in business and pretty large aslo. doug

  8. #8RonG2007-06-29 07:15

    I hear and read about them from time to time.I think they did some of the paving around the new bridge in Bucksport which I used to watch every day on their webcam.They are shutting the cam off at the end of this month though as the bridge has been completed and there is nothing to look at anymore. http://www.waldohancockbridge.com/waldo-county-bridge/ I backed up all the way from Brewer to Bucksport spreading stonedust when we resurfaced the road one season. Lane is international with their home office right here in Meriden ct but they used to work all over the world.They are in Saudi Arabia and everywhere else I guess.I wish I had stayed in Maine now but hindsite is 20/20 as they say.Ron G

  9. #9Noose2007-07-19 22:01

    :dizzy That sucks Up here I just bought 2000 L~~~~500 gal. $0.80/L: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$3.20/gal.

  10. #10smalltime2007-07-20 18:05

    Off road is between $2.50 & $2.70 a gallon here, it just depends on where you get it.

  11. #11TALLRICK2007-07-20 23:40

    If I ever get a dozer/loader I will give vegetable oil a try, it seems to work well in my truck.

  12. #12kc5gxc2007-07-21 21:31

    Off road diesel is $2.39.9 today near Poplarville, MS.

  13. #13micbare2009-01-14 03:01

    My father told me when they were building I-95 thru georgia in the late 60s early 70s. They could get it 6000 gallons at time for $.09 a gallon

  14. #14australian pete2009-01-14 04:58

    you guys dont know how cheap your fuel is, i am currently paying $1.24 per litre, in the early sixties before we went metric and still had gallons diesel was around 40 cents per gallon.

  15. #15Greg2009-01-19 19:09

    Just got off road for $1.92 a gallon with the sales tax included. Beats the heck out of last summer at $4.00.

  16. #16NShel2009-01-31 10:20

    Off-road diesel in southern Missouri for $1.99. Whee.

  17. #17Greg2009-01-31 20:18

    Gotchya beat. $1.92 here now.

  18. #18keito2009-01-31 20:31

    Southaven Diesel $2.23

  19. #19d6peg2009-01-31 23:12

    Paid a $1.70 for it last Tuesday. Saves me over $15 per hr. from last July.

  20. #20Showpony2009-02-01 02:05

    How does NZD $4.05 per gallon (imp) grab u guys, & we have to pay road tax on top of that, a penalty we pay here in NZ for mother state socialism.

  21. #21Greg2009-02-01 11:30

    You can take you mother state socialism and keep it. Unfortunately we seem to be headed that way here in the states now too.

  22. #22DarrylMueller2009-02-01 16:46

    I got on road 12/28/08 diesel 4000 gal $2.16 delivered. I stopped buying off road two years ago $20,000 fine, for on road use. You guys need to get a bio-diesel processor, I like it and zero particulate matter, $.80 cost per gal.

  23. #23Greg2009-02-01 17:16

    Darryl, I already got a processor. have been making between 70 and 80 gallons a week since early 2006. Wonderful stuff. I use it all off road in equipment. Don't forget about the tax credit for making it either.

  24. #24Showpony2009-02-01 17:55

    Darryl The mother state in NZ has endorsed biofuel and a number of enterprises have started growing OSR and are setting up processors but like most things in NZ we start fiddling around with a new toy until its broke then we read the manual. Another factor preventing the advance of biofuel is fuel tax it will attract, and the cost of fuel to produce it makes it more expensive than fossil fuel. NZ govt also has a big investment in the Marsden Point oil refinery that produces the majority of NZs fuel.

  25. #25DarrylMueller2009-02-05 13:04

    Tax breaks I have not tried going with the tax credits. I have great record keeping but I think that if you use it on the road and off the road It more than makes up for any challange and invasion into our operation. along with tax credit, you need a sales tax lic. fuel sales tax license, plus some other filings that just here in CA. I am doing to much paper work as it is with out adding more. B-100 is the only way you can operate tier-0 in the future, from all my reasearch.

  26. #26D6c10K2009-02-05 19:18

    Darryl & Greg, I'm curios what kind of equipment/investment you made to get started producing bio-diesel...and what you're making it out of. If soybeans keep going down maybe I'll start running them throught the dozer

  27. #27DarrylMueller2009-02-05 22:27

    I started with a $6500.00 for a 100 gal processor. There is a long curve in learning the process for me and it depend on the quality of waste vegetable oil. I have been doing this since July and I now can take bad oil and make bio-diesel out of it. Yes if you were to press the oil out of soybeans you would have a easy thing to work with. I would read every thing on the net you can get your hand on before you start. Lots of info out there on the web. You will have to clean the fuel tank on the D6 if you go B100 because it takes all the sediment and will plug lines and filters so a word to the wise.. I have only 3 engine so far on B100. I have 8 more to do. When the Chicago gang gets done putting taxes on carbon you will be under the radar.

  28. #28Greg2009-02-05 22:41

    Making it from used deep fryer oil here. Built a 5 tank processor from tanks, valves, pipes, electric motors I had around and bought a couple of pumps. Got about $1,300.00 tied up in it. Started out running 50.0% blend. It does reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly clean everything out, no doubt about it. Change filters a couple of times and you are in business. Run a blend here cause can't make enough to be self-sufficient.

  29. #29DarrylMueller2009-02-06 21:20

    I got in a panic this summer with the $5.+ per gallon. You have a real in expensive set up sounds like you are on to it. I am thinking of getting a pump off murphy's machines.

  30. #30Greg2009-02-06 23:10

    Darryl, Don't sell the stuff hear at all. Use in off road equipment for own use and avoid all of the red tape.

  31. #31DarrylMueller2009-02-08 02:20

    Greg, Yes, avoid the red tape, and stay below the radar. The less anyone knows the better. I had to pay $400.00 for a license to pick up waste veg oil, the burocrats past a law last year, can you believe it. And this is an environmental state?????? It's just the $ they want so they can give more welfare away, crazy?