Getting ready to install rebuilt pads on my old Allis HD11. I picked up new pad bolts and nuts at the local CAT dealer. 5/8"-18. Trying to figure a torque value. From the searching that I've done, I've found a couple of places stating 110-130ftlbs + 120º for 5/8" fine thread. One mentioned with anti-sieze. One didn't mention any. Thoughts? Andrew
From the Service Manual for a 561 that uses 5/8" bolts for the track shoes ............. Torque for bolts that hold the track shoe to the link ... 170 ± 40Nm (125 ± 30 lb.ft.) Then turn the bolts by another 120 degrees. Put SAE 30W oil on the threads of the bolt, the body of the bolt, and the washer face of each bolt before installation. The same manual calls for anti-seize on the threads and under the heads of the master link bolts.
Thanks Nige. Also talked to an Allis guy today. He said that the Allis spec was 250 ftlb. Andrew
Finally had a chance to get out to the shop today and look in the service manual. Allis spec is 220-230 ftlb. Andrew