ill try to upload some pictures of some of my companies dozers D6R lgp series 3 its mine with gps on it i work for the danish cat rental store
we are pushing topsoil on a building pad 90000 square meters :drinkup
3 more
more
the danish big push:notworthy:notworthy
pictures
Those are nice looking machines and good looking material. It looks like an awfully long push though, maybe the pics make it look longer than it is or there is no footing for scrapers
That is wild! Reminds me of watching triple combines in the prairies harvesting wheat!
Cool pics! That's some nice slot dozing :drinkup
Slot dozing: JD 750c But I feel kind'a... small Of course, I always have to stop to take the picture... ... OCR
yep it was a hell of a long push long enough to fall a sleep on the return ; on these pictures we pushed about 350 meters because the dirt had to come out to the excavator to be loaded on trucks on the road on this project we removed 65000 cubic meters of topsoil and after that we pushed around 120000 cubic meters of clay and sand to grade it...this made me extreme happy for my gps (fantastic equipment) right now i am making the finish grades on another site who is 190000 square meters and maybe to the fall i shall continue making 60 acres =600000 square meters :cool2
here in denmark we dont use scrapers at all. only excavators and dumptrucks
Great pics from a lovely country:waving
How deep of a cut were you making with the top soil.
It's interesting to see how things are done in other countries. 350 meters is over 1100 feet, here that would be excessive distance to doze. I usually figure anything over 300 Ft. to be scraper dirt unless the conditions are to poor. You guys look like you're having fun pushing all that nice dirt though. Doze on :thumbsup
we had a cut from 30 cm up to 1 meter in what we here calls iceholes deep holes with black dirt in it dpete::: its not normal here to push that long normally max 150 meters but as you sad we had fun dooing it scrapers cant be used effective here in denmark because of the conditions of the dirt only a couple of drag scrapers dragged by case stx`s here and they have to much trouble and make to many trackmarks where the water can soak the dirt when it rains which i think it (almost)does all the time
Hello grunk36, Those are nice looking machines, and a good...and fun... way to push dirt. I wish I could get in one, but alas, all I can do is look at the pictures... and they are good too. Which leads me to a question... In post #4... picture #1...The dozer... I think it's the one you were operating, the one with the gps; it looks like there are some additional lights mounted to the top of the factory ones, located on the dozer lift cylinders. It's hard to tell from the photos, but a company called "Speaker" makes an HID light that looks, at least similar, like those on your cylinders... possibly on the cab sides as well. To the question at last: Are they HID?....... If so, could you please expound on how well you like them... If not... well... at least I countered some wind from down under....:lmao... With respect to all, actually, OCR
:Banghead the lights you ask about is made by hella and they are xenon lights not hid there is a big different and they give more lights than 10 normally lights the light coming from them is close to daylight blue light not yellow worth every penny but they are expensive about 340 euros a head
Yeah, we had 2 xeon lights mounted on the boom on our EC180Cl, and woooho what great light! It's was even better than daylight i would say! That maked me understand right away why all swedish forrest-machines have only xeon-lights.
Dozers in Denmark Hello grunk36 Very nice pics, I really like the D6R and D6H, I have operated a couple of those myself, the last one was an D6R LGP series III. I lived in Denmark for many years (not as an operator though), and I noticed that almost all dozers were Cat D6H & R LGP (or a similar sized Komatsu). While the D6R is a very suitable dozer for danish conditions, I also wonder why I never saw the smaller D6M or N with a PAT blade. These dozers are used extensively in Iceland for spreading fill and finish grading, often with GPS. These dozers are smaller and easier to use in tighter conditions, and it is very good to be able to see the corners of the blade. I saw a lot of track loaders being used in smaller conditions, (they have never been used in Iceland) I was just wondering why you don´t use the smaller dozers in your nice country. Hjolli
hjolli::: we are trying to get some of the smaller dozers D6N and D6G out on the market but its hard to convince our clients the common opinion when it comes to dozers with vpat blades is that they cant move dirt and are nothing but a snowplow:beatsme i myself beeing experienced with the gps dozer would love to have the D6T lgp with vpat it would be a fantastic machine for my use:notworthy:notworthy the reason we almost only uses D6 sizes i think is because of the conditions of the dirt D7s and D8s is to heavy with to little u.c so they get stuck all the time if you take a look on my companys websiteunder prisliste youll see our fleet www.cat-rental.dk
here is a couple of new pictures taken today just finishing the site with recykled/crushed concrete
Hello again grunk36 Well actually the last dozer I was operating was a D6R with a PAT blade, I have some pics of it on this link: . I was on a road constrution job (actually the first motorway in Iceland) spreading shot rock and some shoulder work in the dirt. A very nice machine for finish work, but a bit light at the rear end because it had no ripper and this blade is quite heavy. And unfortunately I didn´t have any GPS either.
great pics. they look like they cn move a fair amount of dirt.
I love cat dozers. Keep it up!
Here's a few pics of my Case 1550 dozer on my land. Eddie
nice shots.. couple pics of us pushin some dirt. D8R, and a coule with my favorite dozer, our 700J.
Got quite a bit of machinery there. Do you like the Bell ADT? Good, yes?
yes, the deere trucks are nice. Just dont put to big a rocks in them on an incline, We rolled the cab on that one last summer down there.
how did you get that rock in the bed in the first place? Build a ramp and shove it in with the dozer? Or was the volvo big enought to lift it?
Is there something about the soil conditions that won't work well with scrapers? Doesn't look like it's too wet....is it too sandy? Around here scrapers are used all the time...I seen them being used building ponds when moving dirt only 200 ft We staked a borrow area yesterday and the contractor moved in a D10R (with dozer attached) and a LARGE Cat scraper to pull behind it. Sorry, didn't get the model no. on the scraper.
We dug a hole and ramped it down to a wall. then just pushed the rocks into the bed with that volvo or a dozer. It worked great for 2 days straight. then when the truck started to drive out on the one pictured, the front end came off the ground and the cab just rolled on over..
Ahh, I didn't think that volvo was large enough to lift it, but I didn't see any numbers. That was a pretty good sized rock, any idea on what it weighted?
no idea on the weight. but it was about 10 ft. wide x 18 ft long x 5 ft tall. you cant see all of that rock in those pictures. It slid off some after the front end went up.
"Um, don't ever do that again" I think is the lesson learned. Yes?
If I hadnt been the one to actually push that rock in myself, I would of fired some guys that day. We should of just broke them up with the hammer, but in an attempt to save time since we were already way behind.. well. you get the picture..
i am not sure exactly why the scrapers dont get used here but i have seen only 2 or 3 in the 20 years i have been in this business and nothing bigger than D7 sized dozers but a hell of a lot of D6R.. right now i am just waiting to get a brandnew D6T lgp with dual gps and laser control it should be ready in a week or so will send some pictures when it arrives
well, if the rock density was 1.25 ton per cubic yard you could have had 35 ton in the back of that buggy...
grunk, It's not uncommon to see scraper setups like this D10R around here....this one had a dozer blade attached but they took it off when they hooked up the scraper. They're huge...the center of the drive sprocket it about eye level for me and I stand about 5' 10" I'd like to see the D10 pushing dirt with that blade...it's about 7' high and 16' wide. On the same job site they're using a D8M dozer, but I didn't get any pics of it.
I don't think I ever saw anyone just dump the blade and C frame flat on the ground like that without cribbing it up for support so it could be easily reattached when the time comes.I guess that could be expected from an outfit that paints their logo on their equipment freehand with a 6" paintbrush.Ron G
I guess they needed a bigger truck to haul the big rock huh, my employer has 3 Deere 400D's, i've run one for a couple of month's working in rock and I like them but I would rather run one of our Cat 769D's (more power), never should've gave her up.
LMAO!!!!
Are you running a U blade? I thought you could only run straight blades on the D6Rs!
and so it is just a straight blade we just makes the blade a bit higher here in denmark between 20 and 30 cm higher than standard and we build sides on them to
Well here in the emerald isle in my tenure in the construction business only once have I seen scrapers and not for long , conditions are more suited for a lift and shift operation with 70t excavators and 40t dumpers with 65 or 85 pushing to grade :ban:ban:ban
My old 6 with new bottom. Pushed off about 1000 yards of topsoil, or so here, uphill around 10% grade. The builder wanted to do it with a 170 shovel and a 6 weel dump at first....
Looks like fun
my new toy D8R with D8K ripper.
nice
Location ? grunk36 Is the location Langeskov ? Look´s like Ib Andresen Industri in the back.
yes it is a real nice project i was on it for about three months two of them alone
That definatly looks like a job for scrapers I reckon I would go to sleep having to push dirt that far. Good pics but.
Cat D10T:notworthy on a reclamation job in germany
And I was happy with my D4G until I saw all of this...
i would love to have a go on a machine like that:notworthy:notworthy
Whats with the ripper and blade color ? looks like the paint is worn off, but how do you do that on the whole back of the blade top to bottom ?
If you're working in very abrasive material all the time (IE sand or fine rock) the fan for your radiator will sandblast the back of your blade if you are ripping alot and have it in the air. However since the tilt cylinders are the same but the lift cylinders are not I'd say it just had some work done to it and it hasn't been repainted yet.
I would say he is been working in that same white chalk as the other machines Cat992G has pictured....