Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dozer production rates,performance handbook vs. real seat time 6,7,8 size machines

earthscratcher ยท 2015-06-07 10:56

operator performance being equal,talking with operators around you will hear that it takes three passes with a 6 size, two passes with a 7 size,and one pass with a 8 size to do the same amount of material moving.another old timer will say two 6's will have a hard time keeping up with a 8 on terrace application dirt. performance handbook states a 6 size machine two passes will cover up a 8 size one pass.what are your real seat time observations???

Replies1
  1. #1Shimmy12015-06-07 13:44

    I've spent a lot of time on a 7H. Some time on an 8R. A little this spring on a 6T. I wasn't cutting with the 6, which really is the true test of a dozer. Not to be disagreeable, but no way can I agree that two 6 passes will make an 8 pass. I'd like to say that it's a 2-1 all the way, meaning 2 6's for a 7, and 2 7's for an 8, but to keep civil I'll agree with the oldtimers. That being said, 3 passes by a 6 to match 1 by an 8 will not be accomplished with 2 machines. JMO.