Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer Specs Question

Odin ยท 2009-02-05 14:10

I am looking at a project where the owner has specified a machine that really doesn't exist unless someone can help me find a more off brand We are quoting a rate for a machine that is tracked, 80 HP minimum and has a blade no wider than 6 feet. It seems like such a strange request since most machines under 80HP have blades at 7.5 ft or more. Any ideas? I would hate to have to cut a blade down in width.

Replies10
  1. #1SterlingR2009-02-05 15:08

    A Dressta TD7M is 80 hp. A standard mashine is 69" wide but the blade is 8'7" straight and 7"10" angled.

  2. #2PonyExpress942009-02-05 16:51

    That sounds like a very specific request by the person asking for the work. Is there a reason for such a specific machine?

  3. #3Northart2009-02-05 17:12

    Custom Dozer blade Hello Odin, Go see Carl Black, CBS Equipment on Post Rd in Anchorage. He has some old dozer blades , that you can cut up and customize for your project. Any number of good welding shops can customize it for you. Tracor(tracer)? spelling ? International ? in Fairbanks has a brand new ,surplus landfill dozer blade cheap also. Also ask NC Machinery for ideas, or leads. They are into customizing for special projects also.

  4. #4Northart2009-02-05 17:19

    Dozer blade Hi Odin, Found the address for Tracer International, in Fairbanks, ask for Jim Sullivan. http://allpartstracer.com/

  5. #5Northart2009-02-05 17:31

    More ideas Hi Odin, Geez, there is endless possibilities, right there in Palmer. Make a few phone calls, Pioneer Equipment, Kopperud, Craig Taylor,etc, look for the old JD,etc. dozer blades. They're everywhere. I had one long ago, I sold, if your stuck , send a email via PM, maybe I can find it again.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2009-02-05 18:59

    Is it to work in a trench or some other narrow confines? If it is a long enough job, it would be worth finding another blade to cut down. I know a guy with a small Lambroghini dozer that is a hair over 4' wide, with a blade about 4 1/2 or 5' wide. It was used for grading a ditch and pushing the pipe together.

  7. #7Odin2009-02-09 18:44

    Thanks for the heads up. The owners intent is to build a walking trail but only 6 ft in width. I was hoping there was a better machine out there for such a task but it looks like modifying will be easier.

  8. #8Kgmz2009-02-09 22:29

    Here you go.

  9. #9ben46a2009-02-09 23:11

    Id used a 4 or 5 ton mini hoe.

  10. #10td25c2009-02-14 21:59

    I like a skid loader with tracks for that type of work.