Finally figured how to post pics on this site, heres a few of a job I did back in NZ about 28yrs ago did most of it with TD15c had help from a TD 25B /463 scraper once we could get across thre gully.
Wow, what a beautiful view. Nice pics!
what were you doing? great pics
WOW !! Looks like you moved more dirt in one job than i have in ahundred jobs. How many hours did it take ? Only the one dozer ? What is that machine ? Looks like an older CAT. Looks HOT too.. We need more details.
I agree with pafarmer, we need details. I was wondering, what kind of material is that? Doesn't look rocky at all.
Wow!!!
that my boy is an incredable achievment well done to whomever it was
It was an access road across a gully so the owner could subdivide his farm into smaller blocks to sell them off, it has been tar sealed in recent years. Took me approx 3mths to do with 1x TD 15c and had another one with a scoop on once we had room to use it. Have got some more pics and will post them up . The material is pumice from volcanic eruptions in the North Island of NZ, good stuff to work, fairly abraisive and will stand up on a straight batter.
More pictures
big stuff!!! nice job there
RDG, Very nice work! You must have 'way more patience than I have. It must take a special skill to be able to visualize where you want to get to, the finished road, and to be able to take off everything that doesn't look like a road has gotta be an art! Especially when there is so much overburden to move to get there! Is there much water in the area? I can't image that the steep walls would stand up to much running water...? Got any photos of the area now, 28 years later? Very cool! Jon.
That would be really neat to see!
The next time I get back to NZ I will try to remember to get some pics. That job was done without any plans or surveying, we had a point to start and a place to end and had to have a grade that a truck/trailer was able to negotiate and wide enough to met the councils min width of 10 metres so it came back to eyeometry and a tape measure.
I have seen similar material (never worked any) in Costa Rica on their new toll road. The material is cut darn near vertical and looks abrasive. They covered most of it with metal netting and shotcrete. Here is a pic courtesy of Autopistas del Sol Sometimes those are the funnest jobs.:drinkup