Hey guys New to the dozer forum, need to get a read on things on what you guys know about dozers. Which is the best make, model and the strongest hard working. I'm open to any suggestions on this. Will be using it for landscaping, contruction, and forestry. I have no experience with dozers but I learn pretty quick. My first job with one is going to regrading a parking lot. Thanks
You need to be a whole lot more specific as to your EXACT needs,the cost factor[which will dictate models that are good in your price range],and what dealer by you will give you the best support in service and parts.
A good Caterpillar D9G comes to mind immediately. No use wastin' a bunch of time.
If you never ran dozer before, plan on putting someone else in the seat for at least the finishing touch on the parking lot. What other equipment do you own?
Own alot of tractors, trucks, floats, and 1 case backhoe that's my favourite to use. I think a cat or case seems to be the best because they are closest to me. Cats parts system seems to be slower then cases systen but don't know why it is. I'm thinking of a 650L case dozer, or cat d3 to rent and see how it works. Cheers
Which one do you think is better well built, last longer the case 650L or Cat d3? thanks any advice would be appreciated
That is a real no brainer. Go for the D3 over the case any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I'm a big D3 fan too. I however, have never ran a Case. Couple old internationals, and even older Alice Chalmers, and a bunch of newer and larger cats.
Ok I see what your saying about the cat d3. Will try to rent one sometime to test it out. Thanks lads
If you are mechanical older is easier to fix yourself when breaks. You will pay big bucks to keep a new one running when the warranty runs out. Just my two cents.
D6K wide pad, six way blade seems to work nice on smaller jobs as well but not too small you can't use it on anything else. You can pick some up for a fair price, obviously not what you can get a case for but each have their own benefits.
Komatsu D51 if you want a new one. but a D 41 would make a good parking lot grader.
I'm going to my cat dealer sometime to look and one, and use it. I will update, and have pics.