Hi, My son and I just acquired an old Carco F-50 winch for our D6D. It has a bad bevel gearset in the driveline. We don't have any service or parts drawings and are not sure how the bevel gear shaft is removed. This winch has two clutch packs built into the shaft for a power shift forward and reverse on the winch. Can anyone tell us how to pull this apart or provide a scan of a page or two from a manual that would show how it goes together? Thanks!! Jon.
call carco! They are very helpfull. I've had to call them a few times, they were happy to help with all my questions.
We emailed Carco. Must have got a kid who thought that a winch built in 1973 was OLD Wasn't helpful at all. Jeez, I was just graduated from high school that year!! We ordered a manual off of ebay. If we can get it apart, we can start seeing what we can do for a new bevel gearset. I have a couple of older model G Carco's from a TD18 that we might be able to use, or at least have something to start machining on to modify... :tong Jon.
yeah there mauels website isn,t very helpfull for anything pre 1980. They could get a lesson from allied [hyster] winchs there. You can download manuels for a model 60 winch; which was the replacement for the F50; it just has self contained hydraulics as the main difference. Bevel gears are similar between the 2 but have different part numbers. I have heard of some F50s shearing the bevel pinion shaft. There is about 4 different bevel gear sets for different ratios. 53-1 was the most common. at least for AC and IHC. Never saw any original fitments on D6s downunder, but alot were done with made up adapter plates here, including mine. Used to be a real nice guy at carco called chris Dirckx ?? or similar. Very helpful guy. I sent him a email last year but never got any replys from paccar winch [carco] Merv
Sawmilleng's son here. I found a model 60 parts manual and owners/service manual for the D6D (paccar mislabeled it as a D5D on the website)- the innards and outward appearance look almost like the F-50, so maybe there is a good chance something might interchange. Would you guys know of any place that might be parting out winches?
Try these folks, if they do not havethe parts, I think they can direct you to somebody close, Yahk isn't all that far. http://www.seattletractor.com/forsaleused.htm
yeah; all the other gears, clutchs and brakes, drum etc are the same between a F50 and model 60. But i do know the bevel gears and pinions have different part numbers between the 2 winchs. So don,t know how inter changeable they are. Major difference in pinions on 60s is they have a extra spline for the pump drive gear