Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DPF smoke after solvent cleaning

DIESELMAN3500 · 2024-08-27 08:58

Morning guys. Anyone use solvent and water to clean a DPF? I did and I know it’s going to take time to burn off water and oils etc. but I have some smoke from machine. Anyone do the same and how long it took to burn off? John

Replies2
  1. #1ianjoub2024-08-27 09:09

    I did mine on Volvo ec480, no solvent. I just used a pressure washer water only. It worked well. Steam was gone in a matter of minutes.

  2. #2DIESELMAN35002024-08-28 10:45

    yeah I used solvent and water and dried it, I am getting a blue white smoke about 2 minutes after startup so I think I have a bad ring possibly, engine runs like a top just smokes for a bit. I might by the cat software and do a regeneration maybe there is some oil in the DPF being burned off because it starts to smoke after it gets hot enough for the dpi to ignite the oil I am thinking. brand new turbo on unit as the old turbo wheel contacted the housing, didn't see any oil in the DPF except the black soot but it was so clogged it would not allow engine to start.