Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dragline Crane

Allis Nut · 2012-10-15 11:43

Looking for an old Insley Dragline or really any dragline. If anyone has links for it just tell me. My budget is low only around 5 to 8 thousand. I would like a crane with a 3 yard bucket or so. Any links would be appreciated.

Replies19
  1. #1dbl6122012-10-15 16:11

    wish you luck in your search. bear in mind they are worth a lot more than that in scrap.

  2. #2Buckethead2012-10-15 16:21

    Did you mean 3/4 yard? 3 yards is pretty big, I don't know if Insley even made them that big.

  3. #3Allis Nut2012-10-16 11:35

    Yeah I meant 3/4 yard. Sorry bout that mistake. I have found a few on Craigslist for about 13k or so. Do you gys suggest I try to get a diesel over a gs or what?

  4. #4Deere500a2012-10-16 12:49

    Look at Machinery Trader . Bay City 37 $5500 MI. Good luck

  5. #5hapec122012-11-13 14:30

    Are you still looking for a Insley Dragline? I have a L Model with a 3 Cyl. Diesel with 40ft. stick and 5/8 yard bucket. It's a Swamp model with foot wide Pads. I've been using it this year, and am finished with it. I also have the Manual. I am asking $6800.00. also have some spare parts with it. If interested, I'll Try to get some pictures on here.

  6. #6gostr8r2012-11-13 14:39

    The Northwest Model 95 is a 3 yard machine that has a tried and true slow reeving Murphy diesel, no air or hydraulics and only the minimum electrical to keep the battery up. I broke in on one in the early ’80’s and it was a already dinosaur then, but probably runs like new even now. I make this suggestion over the other brands since manual rigs are so easy to adjust and repair, and they offer a good amount of operator feel of the brakes and clutches. You’ll get used to that right hand swing in no time too !

  7. #7Allis Nut2012-11-13 21:42

    hapec, I may be interested in the dragline. Can you tell me where it is located and send me some pics?

  8. #8gostr8r2012-11-14 07:12

    I actually had a typo. I broke in on one in the early ’70’s, not the ‘80s.

  9. #9hapec122012-11-14 08:12

    I also had a Typo. The Insley has 4 foot Pads. A real Swamper.

  10. #10hapec122012-11-14 11:14

    I have pictures, but am having no luck posting them as yet. I am north of Albion,mi. on I-94 10 miles east of I-69. Maybe your Email will allow me to send them easier?

  11. #11hapec122012-11-14 15:15
  12. #12hapec122012-12-15 10:43

    I thought this would spark a lot of Interest.

  13. #13tunler2012-12-15 15:34

    I'm kinda partial to NW I restore a 1945 model 25 and did a lot of digging with it but that Insley looks pretty nice and ready for action )

  14. #14Buckethead2012-12-15 17:42

    Definitely nice pics hapec.

  15. #15hapec122013-01-13 15:34

    Still have Insley and Dump truck For Sale.

  16. #16dale92312013-03-04 12:36

    Insely still for sale? Hi hapec12, do you still have the crane for sale. If so, can you supply your phone number to discuss further

  17. #17unlimitedtrades2013-03-08 19:02

    ha i am interested in your crane do you still have it please contact me at [email protected]

  18. #18hapec122013-03-08 20:01

    I sent you my phone numbers to your Email Address.

  19. #19hapec122013-03-12 14:30

    The Insley has been SOLD. The Ford Dump Truck is still For Sale. $4000.00 or Best Offer.